Retrieving list item RRS feed

• Question

• Good day all,

I've created a Sharepoint workflow using sharepoint designer 2007 that uses the "Create item in" field to automatically creates a new list item.  For example.  When the Managers create a new item  task, a new list item is also added to the Human Resource task list.  Items from the Managers request are populated in the HR task list.  I'd like a way to send an email to HR when the manager request a new  hire, that would include a link to the items that was automatically generated when the Manager created a new item.  Thus far when I generate the link, it's just a form without any data.

Any suggestions,

Thanks Art

Friday, June 17, 2011 2:59 PM

All replies

• You can create a new workflow in HR list to send an email notification when a new item is added.
    --Cheers
    Friday, June 17, 2011 3:34 PM
  • Prasath C,

Can this be done, within the current workflow, i'd like to generate the email with one workflow.  I can add a Workflow step, but i'm still not sure how the item created when a new manager hire is done is linked with the HR task that is generated.  Normally i'd use the ID of the manager list item, to retrieve the specific item, the question is how can i use that id to retrieve the hr item that was generated when the new manager list item was created?

Thanks,

Art

Friday, June 17, 2011 3:59 PM
  • Hi Art,

>>> Items from the Managers request are populated in the HR task list.

When you use the “Create List Item” with SharePoint Designer 2007, you should add some field with some value in “HR Task” list, then you can set a variable in the  “Output to a Variable”, this “HR Task” list item ID should be in variable.

Then add a new step in the workflow, and you can get the “HR Task” list item ID from lookup “Workflow Data, That Variable” in email body.

And you can construct a HR Task list item link in email body like this:

http://SharePoint/yourSites/lists/yourHRtasklist/DispForm.aspx?ID=[HRTaskItemID]

[HRTaskItemID]: it is the “Workflow Data, That Variable”.

Thanks,

Daniel

Regards,Daniel
    Thursday, June 23, 2011 7:15 AM