xaml, controls, overlay

Question

• Hello,

I'd like to know your opinion about an overlay problem I'm having.
    I'm trying to overlay a control over a flipview. The control would only cover a small part of the flipview. For that, I'm using the following Grid, with 2 layers: the flipview, then a rectangle. The rectangle covers all the flipview, it's transparent except on the area where I'm drawing, and it should not respond to tap events occuring on its transparent part, but should let pass it to the flipview.

I subscribe to the tap events on the rectangle. The rectangle control is blocking all the events to the flipview (normal behaviour I think). What I'd like to do is to forward the events to the flipview when it occurs on its transparent part. But how can I do this ?

Thank you for your answers

Wednesday, May 30, 2012 10:16 AM

All replies

• What's meaning of "forward the events to the flipview when it occurs on its transparent part."

NEU_ShieldEdge

Thursday, May 31, 2012 6:33 AM
  • To make a simplication, I want to manipulate the flipview that is under another control (Rectangle) which would be transparent. If I tap the screen, the Rectangle receives the events, and the events don't reach the flipview. I want to listen to the events (on the Rectangle) and decide whether or not I will send it to the flipview.

Thursday, May 31, 2012 7:11 AM