Joining Samsung BT keyboard to Samsung developer pre-release tablet RRS feed

• Question

• I tried to join my BT keyboard to the Samsung Build tablet.  First attempt the add device dialogue displayed the passcode as described in the quick setup guide but I got distracted and things timed out.  In subsequent attempts I don't  get the code displayed and am not offered the option to get it like I am with Windows 7.  How do I enable the passcode display again??
    David Butchart
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 5:35 PM

Answers

• Hi David,

You are in the legacy pairing mode after two unsuccessful pairing attempts. You can enter "0000"+Enter on the UI and then enter "0000"+Enter on the keyboard to complete the pairing.

Thanks,

EricLi [MSFT]

Wednesday, September 14, 2011 8:39 PM
  •  

Me again.... So I did get it to work but..... really

the trick was to enter the 0000 on the tablet (device connect as indicated) AND to enter the same 0000 on the keyboard... which I guess we all should have known....

WOW... but it works!!!!

David Finkel Still Trying to be Technical at my age.....
    Saturday, September 17, 2011 6:38 PM

All replies

• Hi David,

You are in the legacy pairing mode after two unsuccessful pairing attempts. You can enter "0000"+Enter on the UI and then enter "0000"+Enter on the keyboard to complete the pairing.

Thanks,

EricLi [MSFT]

Wednesday, September 14, 2011 8:39 PM
  • ARG.... this must be a David thing.....

I cannot get the keyboard to pair in any way.  Tried many times, and many ways.  Deleted the device... tried to pair again.  Right now each time I try to pair it asks for the passcode for the keyboard on the tablet.  Tried the 0000 and it still reports that it is not the right passcode.

The explicit message is "That passcode isn't right.  Try again." 

Help please... I would like to use the keyboard.... I do not like the on screen keyboard.....

Saturday, September 17, 2011 4:32 PM
  •  

Me again.... So I did get it to work but..... really

the trick was to enter the 0000 on the tablet (device connect as indicated) AND to enter the same 0000 on the keyboard... which I guess we all should have known....

WOW... but it works!!!!

David Finkel Still Trying to be Technical at my age.....
    Saturday, September 17, 2011 6:38 PM
  • For me, the keyboard wont even appear in the list of available BT devices... whether I'm using the classic or the Metro-style BT utility. I seem to be in pairing mode on the keyboard (blue LED flashes twice rapidly every few seconds) but the tablet keeps searching and never adds the keyboard to the list.

As a side note, the keyboard paired perfectly with my iPad... at first attempt. And the iPad's BT is off right now, in case you suspected my keyboard was holding to its BT pairing with it...

Any clue? Do I need to read the keyboard's user guide again?

Thanks, Steve

Monday, September 26, 2011 9:34 PM
  • The solution here was pretty easy.  Turned the tablet off and then powered back on. 

Magically, Windows 8 Metro View found the keyboard and the pairing worked without a hitch.

Saturday, October 8, 2011 7:16 AM