none
SharePoint Designer Workflow - Send Email based on a choice field with multiple selections

Question

• I need to be able to send a workflow to a Email Enabled Security Group when either one or more options are selected in the Audience field (multiple choice field).

So if Audience = A, B, and C send to A-SG, B-SG, and C-SG or if it only equals one, then just send to the one.

How complicated does the workflow need to be?

Thanks

Kim

Thursday, March 09, 2017 3:06 PM

Answers

• Hi Kwilliams,

To achieve your requirement, first create a workflow to Log Current Item: Audience to the workflow history list.

Eg, If I choose A, B for audience, the value of audience is like ";#A;#B;#":

Then create a workflow using if condition to send email to special user (you have to list all of the conditions):

If there is any problem, feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Lisa Chen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

• Marked as answer by Kwilliams1130 Friday, March 10, 2017 12:02 PM
    Friday, March 10, 2017 9:29 AM

All replies

• Hi Kwilliams,

To achieve your requirement, first create a workflow to Log Current Item: Audience to the workflow history list.

Eg, If I choose A, B for audience, the value of audience is like ";#A;#B;#":

Then create a workflow using if condition to send email to special user (you have to list all of the conditions):

If there is any problem, feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Lisa Chen

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

• Marked as answer by Kwilliams1130 Friday, March 10, 2017 12:02 PM
    Friday, March 10, 2017 9:29 AM
  • Awesome, Thank you. 

Are those semi-colons between A and B?

Friday, March 10, 2017 11:36 AM
  • Hi Kwilliams,

Yes, those semi-colons are between A and B.

You can use workflow to log the really value of the Audience field (multiple choice field).

Please remember to mark the reply as an answer if it helps.

Have a nice day!

Best  Regards,

Lisa Chen

Friday, March 10, 2017 11:40 AM
  • Can you please assist, I am not able to get the result following the steps you have highlighted.

I want to do a similar thing of sending different set of email based on the value selected from the InfoPath List which is a multiple selection box

Below is what I Have done, logged the multiple field box that was completed by the user

Log [%Current Item:IssueClassification%] to the workflow history list

If Current Item:IssueClassification equals AML

Email Abdul Majeed, Muzammil [AML]

and if the user selected AML from the multiple selection box I have put the IF condition but doesn't work. I get an error for the email part Coercion Failed: Unable to transform the input lookup data into the requested type

PLease help

Friday, May 04, 2018 10:36 AM