Search user profile properties along with a separate user profile (customized) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

We tried to add some custom user profile properties, however, these properties will have special security settings. E.g. it only exposes to a group of people. I believe I can't add these properties to the existing user profile as those security options are not available.

As a result, I think I may have to create my own user profile and add these custom properties. Now, if someone wants to find users, let say, who like dogs, I should be able to combine the existing SP search with my custom build user profile (I would say, this may be in SQL or in just a Form library build in Infopath form)

I would like the search result to display the combined user profile, i.e., build-in user profile and my custom one and it shows as if it is comes from the same source. Is that possible and how can that be done?

Or if you have any advice on how I can add these new properties to the existing user profile with special privacy settings, that would be great!

Thanks in advance. Your help would be greatly appreciated

Wednesday, May 6, 2015 5:53 PM

Answers