none
File Transfer through ActiveSync is VERY slow in WinCE 7 (on the same device with WinCE 6.0 the speed is normal) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello!

I met with very strange activesync behaviour. We ported our bsp (based on smdk6410) from WinCE 6.0 to WinCE 7.0. the problem is that WinCE 7.0 copy files from desktop computer into device through ActiveSync (or WMDC) very slowly. With WinCE 6.0 this was much faster (with WinCE 7.0 the speed becomes slower many times). I tried the same files. I tried different desktop OS - XP, Windows 7, Windows 8. The result is same. The hardware of the device is the same for both WinCE 6.0 and WinCE 7.0. The bsp in general is the same too. The file is transfered slowly from desktop into WinCE 7.0 device in both cases - through ActiveSync gui and through Rapi api using our software.

Note, that our bootloder transfer OS image via RNDIS with the same speed as using WinCE 6.0. So looks like the problem in WinCE 7.0 in USB serial or in ActiveSync desktop or device sides...

In addition!!! The very strange thing is that I found only two cases when WinCE 7.0 transfers file through activesync with the same speed as in WinCE 6.0 (with fast speed):

1. When I transfer from desktop OS that is XP installed on Virtual Machine (using VMware). However the speed is normal only with XP on VMware. I tried with Windows 8 on VMware and the speed was slow too.

2. It's very interesting fact. When I press Sync button in desktop ActiveSync dialog the trasfer becomes normal (fast)! during time when activesync is performing synchronization. When synchronization finished the speed looks slow again... So when I press Sync button all the time when a file is transfered - a file is loaded into desktop fast (the time is the same as using WinCE 6.0...) This behaviour occurs for all desktop OS.

Note that the problem is actual only for trasferring from desktop into device. WinCE 7.0 trasfers files from device into desktop normal.

Can somebody describe that?

Thanks!

Tuesday, March 24, 2015 11:45 AM