can not connect to sql server analysis services RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Everyone,

I have sql server install in windows server and every services was working fine, but as I installed a Active Directory on it, I couldn't start the analyssis services suggest me somethihg. 

the error it shows me when I try to start it-

error 1067 the process terminated unexpectedly

Please help me I got lots of tabular model in it.

Thanks,

Akash

Wednesday, April 19, 2017 1:58 PM

Answers

• Hi Abhijeet,

Thanks for your question.

For security reasons, we recommend that you do not install SQL Server on a domain controller. SQL Server Setup will not block installation on a computer that is a domain controller, but the following limitations apply: 

•You cannot run SQL Server services on a domain controller under a local service account. 

•After SQL Server is installed on a computer, you cannot change the computer from a domain member to a domain controller. You must uninstall SQL Server before you change the host computer to a domain controller. 

•After SQL Server is installed on a computer, you cannot change the computer from a domain controller to a domain member. You must uninstall SQL Server before you change the host computer to a domain member. 

• SQL Server failover cluster instances are not supported where cluster nodes are domain controllers. 

• SQL Server is not supported on a read-only domain controller. SQL Server Setup cannot create security groups or provision SQL Server service accounts on a read-only domain controller. In this scenario, Setup will fail. 

•A SQL Server failover cluster instance is not not supported in an environment where only a read-only domain controller is accessible. 

For more information, please refer to Installing SQL Server on a Domain Controller .

In your scenario, you may need to change your SSAS service account to a domain account.

To change your SSAS service account to a domain account, please see below steps:
    1) Open SQL Server Configuration Manager,you can select (double click) the particular instance you would like to re-configure. Doing so will open this Dialog, where you can edit the login information:

2) Change the login information to a domain account and provide the corresponding password:

3) Click OK/Apply and the Service will need a restart for the changes to be applied.

Best Regards
    Willson Yuan
    MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Thursday, April 20, 2017 6:32 AM
  • Hello Akash,

Which service account is used for SSAS? You may change it to a local service account and try it again.

Olaf Helper

[ Blog] [ Xing] [ MVP]

• Marked as answer by akash_singhal Thursday, April 20, 2017 6:23 AM
    Wednesday, April 19, 2017 4:49 PM

All replies

• Hello Akash,

Which service account is used for SSAS? You may change it to a local service account and try it again.

Olaf Helper

[ Blog] [ Xing] [ MVP]

• Marked as answer by akash_singhal Thursday, April 20, 2017 6:23 AM
    Wednesday, April 19, 2017 4:49 PM
  • Thanks Olaf Helper, It worked.

Thursday, April 20, 2017 5:58 AM
  • Hi Abhijeet,

Thanks for your question.

For security reasons, we recommend that you do not install SQL Server on a domain controller. SQL Server Setup will not block installation on a computer that is a domain controller, but the following limitations apply: 

•You cannot run SQL Server services on a domain controller under a local service account. 

•After SQL Server is installed on a computer, you cannot change the computer from a domain member to a domain controller. You must uninstall SQL Server before you change the host computer to a domain controller. 

•After SQL Server is installed on a computer, you cannot change the computer from a domain controller to a domain member. You must uninstall SQL Server before you change the host computer to a domain member. 

• SQL Server failover cluster instances are not supported where cluster nodes are domain controllers. 

• SQL Server is not supported on a read-only domain controller. SQL Server Setup cannot create security groups or provision SQL Server service accounts on a read-only domain controller. In this scenario, Setup will fail. 

•A SQL Server failover cluster instance is not not supported in an environment where only a read-only domain controller is accessible. 

For more information, please refer to Installing SQL Server on a Domain Controller .

In your scenario, you may need to change your SSAS service account to a domain account.

To change your SSAS service account to a domain account, please see below steps:
    1) Open SQL Server Configuration Manager,you can select (double click) the particular instance you would like to re-configure. Doing so will open this Dialog, where you can edit the login information:

2) Change the login information to a domain account and provide the corresponding password:

3) Click OK/Apply and the Service will need a restart for the changes to be applied.

Best Regards
    Willson Yuan
    MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Thursday, April 20, 2017 6:32 AM
  • Thanks willson, your information helped a lot. 

For now I am able to restart the services of SSAS its working fine too.

Thursday, April 20, 2017 6:58 AM