Web Activity - Data Gateway RRS feed

• Question

• I've got a datafactory v2 job that I need to Post to an Azure VM with a Webservice. I'm using a Web Activity to POST the data but the Web Activity cannot see the VM/Webservice.

I have a DataGateway which let's me see the VM for other activities like SQL which work perfectly. I can't see to figure out how to hook up a Web Activity to use my Data Gateway. I've tried using the Linked Service option within the Web Activity but that still won't let me connect. The linked service is using the our Gateway and when using the test connection can see the VM/Webservice.

Am I missing something that would properly allow me to connect my Web Activity to my Linked Service (using Gateway).

Thanks

Edit: Error that makes me believe Gateway isn't attaching correctly - An error occurred while sending the request.'.\r\nNo response from the endpoint. Possible causes: network connectivity, DNS failure, server certificate validation or timeout
    • Edited by Brian52 Thursday, November 21, 2019 3:56 PM
    Thursday, November 21, 2019 3:54 PM

Answers

All replies

• This is my design at this time . At this time web activity can only reach out to
    publicly exposed urls . 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/data-factory/control-flow-web-activity calls out "Web Activity can call only publicly exposed URLs. It’s not supported for URLs that are hosted in a private virtual network. "
    "

Thanks Himanshu

• Proposed as answer by HimanshuSinha-msft Thursday, November 21, 2019 11:40 PM
    • Marked as answer by Brian52 Friday, November 22, 2019 8:18 PM
    Thursday, November 21, 2019 11:40 PM
  • Thank you, not sure how I scrolled right past that.
    Friday, November 22, 2019 2:46 AM
  • If the above suggestion was helpful, please click “Mark as Answer” , as it might be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

Thanks Himanshu

Friday, November 22, 2019 8:15 PM