none
Navigation pane RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I want to hide Navigation pane every time I open a particular database in MSACCESS 2010, so that I can hide all my tables, queries and reports from other user. Only one form should open.

Wednesday, January 27, 2016 9:43 AM

Answers

• In Access Options, Current Database, uncheck the "Display Navigation Pane" option, and select your form in the "Display Form" drop down list.  There are other options to consider setting, such as disallowing special keys - see this article about disabling the Shift Key ByPass.

Shift Key Bypass

When you start setting/unsetting these options, be sure to backup your database, and understand how to reverse these settings.

Miriam Bizup Access MVP

• Proposed as answer by André Santo Wednesday, January 27, 2016 2:54 PM
    • Marked as answer by David_JunFeng Friday, February 5, 2016 9:04 AM
    Wednesday, January 27, 2016 1:10 PM

All replies

• In Access Options, Current Database, uncheck the "Display Navigation Pane" option, and select your form in the "Display Form" drop down list.  There are other options to consider setting, such as disallowing special keys - see this article about disabling the Shift Key ByPass.

Shift Key Bypass

When you start setting/unsetting these options, be sure to backup your database, and understand how to reverse these settings.

Miriam Bizup Access MVP

• Proposed as answer by André Santo Wednesday, January 27, 2016 2:54 PM
    • Marked as answer by David_JunFeng Friday, February 5, 2016 9:04 AM
    Wednesday, January 27, 2016 1:10 PM
  • >>>I want to hide Navigation pane every time I open a particular database in MSACCESS 2010, so that I can hide all my tables, queries and reports from other user. Only one form should open.

According to your description, if you want to use VBA code to hide Navigation Pane, you could refer to below code:

DoCmd.NavigateTo "acNavigationCategoryObjectType"
    DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdWindowHide

then you could select a special named form to show Navigation Pane, refer to below code:

DoCmd.SelectObject acForm, "NameForm", True

Thursday, January 28, 2016 2:52 AM