none
Can packages built by VS 2013 Update 2 be published now?

Question

• I am trying to submit the first package built by VS 2013 Update 2, but getting the following error:

This package wasn't built for the current version of Windows. Install the current version of Windows and build the package again.

The development machine has the latest updates of Windows 8.1.

Could anyone shed some light on this?  

Hong

Friday, April 11, 2014 2:05 AM

Answers

• Sorry to hear you have the same issue.  I assume you did not have this issue before the update.  I had to try twice before the final success.  I have forgot whether I did cleaning of the solution and/or restarting VS before rebuilding the package. One thing for sure is that I did not change any code or package setting at all before rebuilding.

Hong

Tuesday, April 15, 2014 9:07 AM

All replies

• I created the package again later, and it worked this time.

Later I got twice another error "Cannot read the package".  Again, I just recreated the package and it worked eventually.

This never happened before VS 2013 Update 2.  The success rate of uploading packages used to be 100%.   It has been about 50% since the update a few days ago. 

Hong

Monday, April 14, 2014 12:43 PM
  • We are using VS2013 Update 2 RC too and is getting the same error during app uploading.

"Validation Error : We can't read the package"

Have tried rebuilding and resubmitting without success.

Tuesday, April 15, 2014 4:13 AM
  • Sorry to hear you have the same issue.  I assume you did not have this issue before the update.  I had to try twice before the final success.  I have forgot whether I did cleaning of the solution and/or restarting VS before rebuilding the package. One thing for sure is that I did not change any code or package setting at all before rebuilding.

Hong

Tuesday, April 15, 2014 9:07 AM
  • Yes. We did not have this issue before. Will definitely try again with what you have suggested.
    Tuesday, April 15, 2014 9:48 AM