Error while publishing to Azure RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

My app is already published on Azure for a while now. However while publishing recently I get an error:

An exception occurred when deploying the database for the application.Could not deploy package.Error SQL72014: .Net SqlClient Data Provider: Msg 1468, Level 16, State 1, Line 1 The operation cannot be performed on database "TempID" because it is involved in a database mirroring session or an availability group. Some operations are not allowed on a database that is participating in a database mirroring session or in an availability group.Error SQL72045: Script execution error.  The executed script:ALTER DATABASE [$(DatabaseName)]    SET SINGLE_USER     WITH ROLLBACK IMMEDIATE;Error SQL72014: .Net SqlClient Data Provider: Msg 5069, Level 16, State 1, Line 1 ALTER DATABASE statement failed.Error SQL72045: Script execution error.  The executed script:ALTER DATABASE [$(DatabaseName)]    SET SINGLE_USER     WITH ROLLBACK IMMEDIATE;

After this I if I try to publish I receive another error:

I've followed this article, but have no luck:

Declaring LightSwitch Publish Wizard Bankruptcy

Divyang Vyas

• Edited by divyang_dv Friday, November 6, 2015 4:11 AM
    Friday, November 6, 2015 4:10 AM

Answers

• Unfortunately, you installed the latest SSDT tools + you are using a Azure SQL V12 which are not compatible.

See this link for the details.

• Marked as answer by divyang_dv Friday, November 6, 2015 3:18 PM
    Friday, November 6, 2015 6:08 AM
  • Unfortunately, you installed the latest SSDT tools + you are using a Azure SQL V12 which are not compatible.

With the latest update of Azure SDK (Azure SDK for .NET 2.8 and 2.8.1) I am now able to publish to Azure SQL v12. 

Divyang Vyas

• Marked as answer by divyang_dv Friday, December 18, 2015 3:55 AM
    • Edited by divyang_dv Friday, December 18, 2015 3:59 AM
    Friday, December 18, 2015 3:55 AM

All replies

Friday, November 6, 2015 6:08 AM
  • Thanks Ian.

I am using SQL 2014 Express edition without SSDT and since a successful publish, I've not done any changes to the SQL. But yes my Azure Database is updated to SQL 2012 as per an email from Azure team.

Divyang Vyas

Friday, November 6, 2015 6:26 AM
  • Hi Divyang,

In order to be clear about what creates this problem, you can cause this issue either by updating your Visual Studio extensions in specific, this one:

Or downloading and installing the July 2015 RTM for either VS2013 or VS2015 from here. You will likely also need the "SQL Server Data Tools - February 2015 for Visual Studio 2013 (x86 and x64) - (English)" from MSDN to completely repair VS2013. The instructions that Patrick provided led to another error that required me to install the February SSDT.

Unfortunately, this issue has nothing to do with the version of SQL Server installed on your development  machine.

Cheers

• Edited by Ian E Friday, November 6, 2015 7:04 AM
    Friday, November 6, 2015 7:03 AM
  • Hi Ian,

I understand now, I was assuming the SSDT that ships with SQL Server is causing the problem. In my the publish was working because the database was not updated to v12. As soon as the database was updated the publish failed. I can see there is no work around for VS 2015, so I guess I have no other option but to wait untill MS release an update. 

Divyang Vyas

• Edited by divyang_dv Friday, November 6, 2015 10:47 AM
    Friday, November 6, 2015 10:46 AM
  • Hi Divyang,

If you need to update, create a V2 server, export your database from the V12 database and then import the export into a new database in the V2 server. You can then publish to the old website using the new V2 database.

• Unmarked as answer by divyang_dv Friday, December 18, 2015 3:53 AM
    Friday, November 6, 2015 2:14 PM
  • Hi Ian

That's great, however I shall wait for a week or two to see if an update is around the corner, if not I'll have to create a new server as you have shown.

Thank you very much for the help.

Divyang Vyas

Friday, November 6, 2015 3:17 PM
  • Sorry to be negative here.

I have paid for support on this issue and frankly, this it is not a priority for Microsoft ... I suspect that this is related to the apathy about Lightswitch in general.

I have been waiting for the last 2 weeks for a "basic" response about if the Oct 2015 SSDT preview resolves this issue and there has been no response.

Also, do not update to Azure 2.7.1 as this will break your deployment capabilities. Again, this issue was closed with no work around and no indication that the problem would be fixed.

• Edited by Ian E Friday, November 6, 2015 3:34 PM
    Friday, November 6, 2015 3:31 PM
  • As my publish was already broken I've updated to the Oct 2015 SSDT update to check and it hasn't helped. 

Divyang Vyas

Friday, November 6, 2015 3:47 PM
  • FYI. I gave up waiting for fixes to the many problems with Azure + Lightswitch and ended up reinstalling Windows and installing VS2013 and VS2105 and not applying any updates.

I now have a VM that I use to "test" all updates prior to updating my development machines as I have no faith in updates coming from Microsoft.

Friday, November 6, 2015 3:51 PM
  • I agree, as I’ve also faced such issue. It makes me wonder though what could be the reason for MS to abandon LightSwitch, I hope we’ll have the answer one day. I still believe in LightSwitch and will continue to develop using it, but I have definitely lost my faith from Microsoft and will never adopt any Microsoft technology in its early phase, I’ll now wait until it becomes popular and spend couple of years in the industry.

Divyang Vyas

Friday, November 6, 2015 4:11 PM
  • I see that there is a new update to the Office Developer Tools for Visual studio 2015 (the install that add LightSwitch support to VS2015). I've asked a question on the blog post regarding LightSwitch publishing to Azure but it has not been answered as yet.

Just wondering whether it may resolve the issue?

See: Latest Microsoft Office Developer Tools for Visual Studio 2015

Regards, Xander. My Blog

Thursday, November 26, 2015 5:54 AM

With the latest update of Azure SDK (Azure SDK for .NET 2.8 and 2.8.1) I am now able to publish to Azure SQL v12. 

Divyang Vyas

• Marked as answer by divyang_dv Friday, December 18, 2015 3:55 AM
    • Edited by divyang_dv Friday, December 18, 2015 3:59 AM
    Friday, December 18, 2015 3:55 AM