none
tabcontrol disappears (not always) RRS feed

• Question

• I have a tab form with 2 tabs.

the second tab holds a subform

everything works fine, only if a open the form and I go programmatically to the second tab, by subform.setfocus

the form scrolls down and the tabs are not visible anymore.

Saturday, July 16, 2016 3:07 AM

Answers

• Hi tekoko10,

when you run Me.Tabctrl.Pages(1).SetFocus. it will only focus the Page 1 of Tab Control.

you need to open the form in Page of Tab control.

is your form already open in Tab control?

may be because of this you think that it is focusing the form instead of Tab Page.

Regards

Deepak

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by tekoko10 Monday, July 25, 2016 8:11 AM
    Monday, July 25, 2016 6:54 AM

All replies

• Hi tekoko10,

I try the same like you had mentioned in the post.

but on my side Tabs are displaying.

can you try to share a snapshot of that tab.

you can see the result I got when I test.

if I missed a step then please correct me.

Regards

Deepak

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Saturday, July 16, 2016 9:19 AM
  • everything works fine, only if a open the form and I go programmatically to the second tab, by subform.setfocus

the form scrolls down and the tabs are not visible anymore.

Hi tekoko,

The focus of het subform control is something different from the focus of the subform itself.

Each subform has its own focus, and when the subform control gets the focus, you "see" the focus of that subform. Was that at the end of the subform?

Imb.

Saturday, July 16, 2016 9:31 AM
  • sorry , I forgot to mention that the tabform is in a navigation form
    Saturday, July 16, 2016 9:34 AM
  • sorry , I forgot to mention that the tabform is in a navigation form

Hi tekoko,

I cannot help further: I never use navigation forms. I developped mu own way to navigate through the database that is far more flexible than navigation forms.

Imb.

Saturday, July 16, 2016 9:43 AM
  • if I open the form normal : on the second tab everything is normal

when I open from another form and programmatically go to the second tab , I get this

Saturday, July 16, 2016 9:48 AM
  • yes, this is the end
    Saturday, July 16, 2016 9:50 AM
  • what a pity

can you give an example database how you do that ?

Saturday, July 16, 2016 10:10 AM
  • what a pity

can you give an example database how you do that ?

Hi tekoko,

In its most simple form it is just a couple of command buttons on a form.

In fact, the tabs on a navigation form are the different selections a user can make. I keep these kind of selections in a separate (meta) data table, including more information about authorization and special usability. This information then is used to "populate" the command buttons on the form.

But I am free to use any form or other way to display this selection to the user. It could be a selection list, it could be a separate pop-up form, all dependant on the context in which this information is used.

Imb.

Saturday, July 16, 2016 11:05 AM
  • Hi tekoko10,

I understand when you try to open it from code it goes to the end of page and because of that you are not able to see the Tabs.

means the page get scrolled and Tabs are not get actually Disappeared.

well this the by default behavior of the Access.

We can't change it.

but you can surely give the feedback regarding this to Access User Voice.

please visit the link below to submit your feedback.

Access User Voice

Regards

Deepak

Monday, July 18, 2016 6:09 AM
  • i'm not sure this is the problem. it works fine , I resize the form and everything is ok.

only If I want to open directly on the second tab , I do    Me.Tabctrl.Pages(1).SetFocus

can the setfocus trigger to jump the form ?

Saturday, July 23, 2016 4:14 PM
  • Hi tekoko10,

when you run Me.Tabctrl.Pages(1).SetFocus. it will only focus the Page 1 of Tab Control.

you need to open the form in Page of Tab control.

is your form already open in Tab control?

may be because of this you think that it is focusing the form instead of Tab Page.

Regards

Deepak

• Marked as answer by tekoko10 Monday, July 25, 2016 8:11 AM
    Monday, July 25, 2016 6:54 AM
  • the form that holds the tabcontrol is open

so I assume the subform on tab 1 is open too

Monday, July 25, 2016 7:13 AM

I do not know what did the trick, but on the navigation form ,  I "ve chosen the target name again from the list of forms and now it works like it should be ...

Monday, July 25, 2016 8:15 AM