How to approve the master page? RRS feed

• Question

• I implement on the master page some script on the head page but when i save the page and Click check in ... i cant see the approval page and dont see anything on the aproval page ( big white page and loading for long time and not open to Check the approve status )

Please help me on this issue ... Thanks

• Changed type Mike Walsh FIN Sunday, March 20, 2011 2:47 PM always use the question type
    • Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Sunday, March 20, 2011 2:47 PM Title made into an impersonal question and duplicate mention of Master Page removed
    • Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Sunday, March 20, 2011 8:25 PM master page so customization forum (SPD) (From:SharePoint - General Question and Answers and Discussion (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Sunday, March 20, 2011 12:00 PM

Answers

• Hi Haasss,

It is really strange. Can you find any error in ULS logs?

Please go to redirect site > master page Gallery (Site Actions > Site Settings > Modify All settings > Master Page Gallery) > Click Settings on the tool bar of the library > Document Settings Library > Version settings to check whether the Document Version History is enabled to create major and minor versions and require to approval and also check your permission for this document library.

How about redirection the site in IIS > Web Sites you need to redirect > Right click it > Properties > Home Directory > Select redirection to a URL. And also try other redirection methods in this blog

Best regards,
    Emir

• Marked as answer by Haasss Monday, March 28, 2011 7:48 AM
    Tuesday, March 22, 2011 11:37 AM

All replies

• Does it work if you remove the script? Can you check in and save other master pages/page layouts?

Monday, March 21, 2011 3:19 AM
  • Be inform that the script job to redirect the 2 site on different location. (Site:84 on Server1 redirect to Site:87 on Server2) with the script on Master Page the site work normally and don’t have any problem but when you come to the Site:99 on Server2 and add the scrip to redirect to Site:90 on Server1) there are a problem with the approve application page and I can’t publish any page on site:99 , if I remove the script it's working normally. That the status of my environment work … Please help it weird coz it is implemented on Server 1.
    Monday, March 21, 2011 7:43 AM
  • Be inform that the script job to redirect the 2 site on different location. (Site:84 on Server1 redirect to Site:87 on Server2) with the script on Master Page the site work normally and don’t have any problem but when you come to the Site:99 on Server2 and add the scrip to redirect to Site:90 on Server1) there are a problem with the approve application page and I can’t publish any page on site:99 , if I remove the script it's working normally. That the status of my environment work … Please help it weird coz it is implemented on Server 1.

Tuesday, March 22, 2011 7:49 AM
  • Hi Haasss,

It is really strange. Can you find any error in ULS logs?

Please go to redirect site > master page Gallery (Site Actions > Site Settings > Modify All settings > Master Page Gallery) > Click Settings on the tool bar of the library > Document Settings Library > Version settings to check whether the Document Version History is enabled to create major and minor versions and require to approval and also check your permission for this document library.

How about redirection the site in IIS > Web Sites you need to redirect > Right click it > Properties > Home Directory > Select redirection to a URL. And also try other redirection methods in this blog

Best regards,
    Emir

• Marked as answer by Haasss Monday, March 28, 2011 7:48 AM
    Tuesday, March 22, 2011 11:37 AM