How to disconnect from online TFS from VS2013 RRS feed

• Question

• our project is in online tfs and we use VS2013 to connect to online TFS. when we click on connect to team project option from vs2013 IDE then no credentials dialogs is coming and VS2013 automatically connect my project to online tfs.

i click on disconnect option from tfs using team project but still my project getting connected to online tfs. i delete all cookies and pwd from IE but still issue is not resolved.

so tell me from where to remove online tfs credentials from my pc. i want every time i open that project and when i click on connect to team project then VS2013 ask for credentials to connect to online tfs.

please guide me how to achieve my goal. thanks

Wednesday, November 1, 2017 8:36 AM

Answers

• Hi Sudip_inn,

Did you try to remove VS registry entry as I suggested?

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

• Marked as answer by Sudip_inn Tuesday, November 7, 2017 12:58 PM
    Friday, November 3, 2017 8:40 AM

All replies

• Hi Sudip_inn,

You may try to remove the credential under Control Panel -- Credential Manager -- Windows Credentials for VSTS, to see whether it works.

If it doesn't work, you can try to delete the VS registry entry under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\VSCommon\12.0\ClientServices\TokenStorage\VisualStudio\VssApp. Please notice serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you find the registry carefully. For added protection, you may back up the registry before you modify it: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/322756/how-to-back-up-and-restore-the-registry-in-windows

Best regards,

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Thursday, November 2, 2017 3:14 AM
  • sorry not very impressed after getting your answer.

see picture

it is showing no credentials is stored there. i am using online TFS (free for 5 user) not windows based TFS installed in any pc of office.

my problem is VS2013 remember login credentials days after days after logging to online TFS from IDE to do checkin or get latest option.

i should be able to disconnect from online TFS when my job done from IDE. i am not getting any option for that.

so guide me. thanks

Thursday, November 2, 2017 11:53 AM
  • there is a menu "Disconnect from TFS" or the like under one of the menu in VS 2013.

In addtion you need to remove source control bindings in your Visual Studio projects otherwise VS retries to connect again.

Please use "Mark as Answer" if my post solved your problem and use "Vote As Helpful" if a post was useful.

Thursday, November 2, 2017 5:29 PM
  • Hi Sudip_inn,

Did you try to remove VS registry entry as I suggested?

• Marked as answer by Sudip_inn Tuesday, November 7, 2017 12:58 PM
    Friday, November 3, 2017 8:40 AM