If mirroring server fails?how to trouble shoot this issues? RRS feed

• Question

• HI,

If mirror server fails in mirroring what happens to mirroring and how to trouble shoot this issues?

Please click the Mark as Answer or Vote As Helpful button if a post solves your problem or is helpful!

Friday, December 21, 2012 3:56 PM

Answers

• Hello,

That's a very open ended and broad question. The best answer I can give you is to troubleshoot it like you would anything else. See what the error is, look at all of the things that are involved and work your way up the stack until you can find the root cause and the fix. If you're looking for in-depth answers and scenarios, I would get a book called "Pro SQL Server 2008 Mirroring".

-Sean

Sean Gallardy | Blog | Twitter

Friday, December 21, 2012 4:39 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hello,

That's a very open ended and broad question. The best answer I can give you is to troubleshoot it like you would anything else. See what the error is, look at all of the things that are involved and work your way up the stack until you can find the root cause and the fix. If you're looking for in-depth answers and scenarios, I would get a book called "Pro SQL Server 2008 Mirroring".

-Sean

Sean Gallardy | Blog | Twitter

Friday, December 21, 2012 4:39 PM
    Answerer
  • To connect to a database mirroring session, a client can use either SQL Server Native Client or .NET Framework Data Provider for SQL Server. When configured for a SQL Server 2008 database, these data access providers both fully support database mirroring. For information about programming considerations for using a mirrored database, see Using Database Mirroring. In addition, the current principal server instance must be available and the login of the client must have been created on the server instance. For more information, see Troubleshooting Orphaned Users. Client connections to a database mirroring session do not involve the witness server instance, if one exists.

Refer to following article :

"Connecting Clients to a Database Mirroring Session (SQL Server)"
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms175484(v=sql.105).aspx 

-------------------

Thanks,Suhas Vallala

Wednesday, December 26, 2012 1:12 PM