TF30275 when creating a new project on TFS 2010 RTM from a remote client computer RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I get the following error when I try to create a new MSF Agile V5 project on TFS 2010 server RTM from my client computer using VStudio 2010 Ultimate RTM:

2010-04-21T11:47:03 | Module: WSS | Thread: 21 | TF30275: Error while uploading file source = C:\Users\gdigrego\AppData\Local\Temp\TPW_tmp4106.tmp\Windows SharePoint Services\Samples and Templates\Vision and Planning\Document Template - Stakeholder Matrix.xltx target = Samples and Templates/Vision and Planning/Document Template - Stakeholder Matrix.xltx
    ---begin Exception entry---
    Time: 2010-04-21T11:47:03
    Module: WSS
    Exception Message: The underlying connection was closed: A connection that was expected to be kept alive was closed by the server. (type WebException)
    Exception Stack Trace:    at System.Net.WebClient.UploadDataInternal(Uri address, String method, Byte[] data, WebRequest& request)
       at System.Net.WebClient.UploadData(Uri address, String method, Byte[] data)
       at System.Net.WebClient.UploadData(String address, String method, Byte[] data)
       at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Client.SharePoint.WssUtilities.SendFpRpcData(TfsConnection tfs, String siteUrl, Byte[] fpRpcCall)
       at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Client.SharePoint.WssUtilities.UploadData(Byte[] fileData, String remoteFullName, String siteUrl, TfsConnection tfs)
       at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Client.SharePoint.WssUtilities.UploadFile(String localFile, String remoteFullName, String siteUrl, TfsConnection tfs)
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TeamFoundation.WssSiteCreator.UploadFile(WssCreationContextWrapper contextWrapper, String sourceFile, String siteUrl, String target, DocumentLibraryInfo docLibInfo, String currituckQuery)

Inner Exception Details:

Exception Message: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. (type IOException)

Exception Stack Trace:    at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
       at System.Net.PooledStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
       at System.Net.Connection.SyncRead(HttpWebRequest request, Boolean userRetrievedStream, Boolean probeRead)

Inner Exception Details:

Exception Message: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host (type SocketException)

Exception Stack Trace:    at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Receive(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags)
       at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)

--- end Exception entry ---

2010-04-21T11:47:11 | Module: WSS | Thread: 21 | A communication failure occurred during the operation. Restarting the operation: attempt 1 of 2.
    2010-04-21T11:47:11 | Module: WSS | Thread: 21 | Uploading file: Samples and Templates/Vision and Planning/Document Template - Stakeholder Matrix.xltx
    2010-04-21T11:49:23 | Module: WSS | Thread: 21 | TF30275: Error while uploading file source = C:\Users\gdigrego\AppData\Local\Temp\TPW_tmp4106.tmp\Windows SharePoint Services\Samples and Templates\Vision and Planning\Document Template - Stakeholder Matrix.xltx target = Samples and Templates/Vision and Planning/Document Template - Stakeholder Matrix.xltx
    ---begin Exception entry---
    Time: 2010-04-21T11:49:23
    Module: WSS
    Exception Message: The underlying connection was closed: A connection that was expected to be kept alive was closed by the server. (type WebException)
    Exception Stack Trace:    at System.Net.WebClient.UploadDataInternal(Uri address, String method, Byte[] data, WebRequest& request)
       at System.Net.WebClient.UploadData(Uri address, String method, Byte[] data)
       at System.Net.WebClient.UploadData(String address, String method, Byte[] data)
       at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Client.SharePoint.WssUtilities.SendFpRpcData(TfsConnection tfs, String siteUrl, Byte[] fpRpcCall)
       at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Client.SharePoint.WssUtilities.UploadData(Byte[] fileData, String remoteFullName, String siteUrl, TfsConnection tfs)
       at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Client.SharePoint.WssUtilities.UploadFile(String localFile, String remoteFullName, String siteUrl, TfsConnection tfs)
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TeamFoundation.WssSiteCreator.UploadFile(WssCreationContextWrapper contextWrapper, String sourceFile, String siteUrl, String target, DocumentLibraryInfo docLibInfo, String currituckQuery)

Inner Exception Details:

Exception Message: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. (type IOException)

Exception Stack Trace:    at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
       at System.Net.PooledStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
       at System.Net.Connection.SyncRead(HttpWebRequest request, Boolean userRetrievedStream, Boolean probeRead)

Inner Exception Details:

Exception Message: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host (type SocketException)

Exception Stack Trace:    at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Receive(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags)
       at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)

--- end Exception entry ---

I checked these steps without success:

- Assign a fixed IP to my TFS 2010 server (it is sitting on an Hyper-V VM running Win2008 server guest OS)
    - Verify & confirm the windows firewall service is disabled on the TFS server computer --> it was the case, firewall disabled
    - Try to create the project locally on the TFS server using TeamExplorer 2010 RTM --> this fails with the same error

Any help would be appreciated.

Best Regards.

Wednesday, April 21, 2010 2:12 PM

Answers

• From a little deeper investigation I can confirm that in my situation the problem is originating from NOD32 that stop that very specific file to be transmitted to Sharepoint using the TFS integration webservice.

I was able to configure NOD32 to avoid checking the traffic to TFS server, and you can find the steps to configure NOD in this post that I made on my blog some minutes ago. http://www.codewrecks.com/blog/index.php/2010/04/24/creating-tfs2010-team-project-fails-with-tf30275/

I hope this can solve your problem :) let me know :)

alk.

Ricci Gian Maria. (http://www.nablasoft.com/alkampfer)
    Saturday, April 24, 2010 2:03 PM
  • After further investigation it seems that the file

Document Template - Stakeholder Matrix.xltx

Is the cause of the problem, I edited the process template, removed that file from the template, upload process with a new name and remotely create Team Project, now everything is ok.

I've tried to add the file to sharepoint after that the projec was created and everything is ok, so I'm wondering why it always fail during remote TP creation.

Alk.

Thursday, April 22, 2010 9:14 AM

All replies

• OK. Seems I found the culpate: it is our ESET NOD32 antivirus running on this TFS server. By disabling all protections (including real-time ones), I can create projects remotely or locally. We need to tweak NOD32 to find the best options to have maximum protection and allow all TFS server services operating normally.

Hope this help.

• Marked as answer by GDigrego Wednesday, April 21, 2010 2:59 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by GDigrego Wednesday, April 21, 2010 5:29 PM
    Wednesday, April 21, 2010 2:59 PM
  • Well the problem seems only partialy fixed :(

Disabling the antivirus on the server, I can create both Agile V5 or CMMI V5 projects locally on the server while the creation of CMMI V5 succeed also on a remote machine but the creation of an Agile V5 project on the remote machine always fail with the Stakeholder Matrix.xltx file upload (TF30275)

Thanks for your help.

Wednesday, April 21, 2010 5:33 PM
  • I have a repro of this issue, and will try to investigate why it is happening. I've also disabled NOD in the client machine.

Can you tell me if you are using MOSS or Sharepoint Services?

thanks.

alk.

Thursday, April 22, 2010 6:40 AM
  • After further investigation it seems that the file

Document Template - Stakeholder Matrix.xltx

Is the cause of the problem, I edited the process template, removed that file from the template, upload process with a new name and remotely create Team Project, now everything is ok.

I've tried to add the file to sharepoint after that the projec was created and everything is ok, so I'm wondering why it always fail during remote TP creation.

Alk.

Thursday, April 22, 2010 9:14 AM
  • Hi Alk,

I'm happy you confirmed (indirectly) that the issue was not with the way I setup the TFS server. Thanks for that. To answer your question, I'm using the "all in one" single TFS server install using WSS services provided with the TFS setup and not MOSS nor the full Sharepoint version.

I was wondering if this particular XLTX file doesn't falsely appear as a potential threat to the NOD antivirus installed on both my client PC and TFS Server. I need still to have our IT department disabling NOD also on my client PC for verifying that particular point. I will update this thread with my findings.

Thanks for your workaround, it could help me in the short term but I don't feel this will help me in long term where we create TFS from remote machine quite regularly. I would prefer indeed to have Microsoft or the company behind NOD to provide a real and definitive fix.

Gaetano

Friday, April 23, 2010 2:17 PM
  • From a little deeper investigation I can confirm that in my situation the problem is originating from NOD32 that stop that very specific file to be transmitted to Sharepoint using the TFS integration webservice.

I was able to configure NOD32 to avoid checking the traffic to TFS server, and you can find the steps to configure NOD in this post that I made on my blog some minutes ago. http://www.codewrecks.com/blog/index.php/2010/04/24/creating-tfs2010-team-project-fails-with-tf30275/

I hope this can solve your problem :) let me know :)

alk.

Saturday, April 24, 2010 2:03 PM
  • Hi,

I had the same problem with the Agile process template and NOD32 but it was giving me the error code TF30177, not TF30275.

Just for the records!

By the way, the solution from the codewrecks post works fine, I just added the name of my TFS server to the list and it created the project perfectly.

Regards!

Wednesday, May 26, 2010 9:18 AM