HRESULT '8000000A' in Visual Studio 2017 RRS feed

• Question

• I have created setup project for WPF application and need to setup automatic build.  So I am trying to build application from command project. I could not able to build setup project using following command. 

"Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Enterprise\Common7\IDE\devenv" D:\Projects\Pos.sln /rebuild "Release|Any CPU".

I have been receiving below error

------ Starting pre-build validation for project 'Pos.Setup' ------ 
    ERROR: An error occurred while validating.  HRESULT = '8000000A'

------ Pre-build validation for project 'Pos.Setup' completed ------
    11>------ Rebuild All started: Project: Pos.Setup, Configuration: Release ------
    ========== Rebuild All: 10 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========

I have gone through the every website I could not able to find the answer.  

Any help?

Monday, August 19, 2019 1:10 PM

All replies

• I have created setup project for WPF application and need to setup automatic build.  So I am trying to build application from command project. I could not able to build setup project using following command. 

"Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Enterprise\Common7\IDE\devenv" D:\Projects\Pos.sln /rebuild "Release|Any CPU".

I have been receiving below error

------ Starting pre-build validation for project 'Pos.Setup' ------ 
    ERROR: An error occurred while validating.  HRESULT = '8000000A'

------ Pre-build validation for project 'Pos.Setup' completed ------
    11>------ Rebuild All started: Project: Pos.Setup, Configuration: Release ------
    ========== Rebuild All: 10 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========

I have gone through the every website I could not able to find the answer.  

Any help?

Hi  KPam1234,

I found you have use the devenv.exe with the ebuild comand to get the solution build error.

Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with this, you may can consider the following ideas.

You can consider useMSBuild.exe:

And you can post in the related MSBuild forum:

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards

Yong Lu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, August 20, 2019 2:33 AM
  • msbuild will not support setup project (The project file "Pos.Setup.vdproj" is not supported by MSBuild and cannot be built). Am using visual studio installer -> Setup Project.

I found the reason behind this error is "the new IDEs do not support build outside the own process".

https://www.kunal-chowdhury.com/2016/07/visual-studio-error-code-8000000A.html.

But I did not found MSBuild path for VS2017.

• Edited by KPam1234 Tuesday, August 20, 2019 7:35 AM
    Tuesday, August 20, 2019 7:34 AM
  • Hi     KPam1234,

For some setup projects, you may can go to the ClickOnce and Setup & Deployment Projects for getting some help.

Best regards

Yong Lu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, August 21, 2019 2:38 AM