none
4.5 Framework using Window 8 on visual studio 2012 problems. RRS feed

• Question

• ok I have installed visual studio 2012 ultimate on to my computer.  I am running windows 8. When I open up visual studio and go to web sit in C# it will not let me change the framework to 4.5. it will only let me use 3.5. now I have installed 4.5. I try and change it in properties page and though my programs console but it still will not work.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled visual studio and 4.5 framework twice.  every time I get the same thing.  I have checked my Web.config to see if that was set right which the targetFramework is set to 4.5. I have no idea what to do. Can anyone help me?
    • Edited by C1coder Tuesday, September 10, 2013 1:33 AM
    Tuesday, September 10, 2013 1:33 AM

Answers

• Hi C1coder,

I am sorry that I can’t   better understand  your words: “change the framework to 4.5. it will only let me use 3.5.” could you please offer me more information about it? What are the detailed steps to reproduce it? Do you mean .NET Framework 4.5 is not listed in the Target Framework dropdown list?  If so, please make sure you have .NET Framework 4.5 installed successfully. You can use the .NET Framework Setup Verification Tool to verify the installation state of one or more versions of the .NET Framework.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archive/2008/10/13/8999004.aspx

Hope these help.

Lilia Gong <THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Tuesday, September 10, 2013 10:06 AM