none
Cannot change Client status from 'Not Ready' to 'Ready' in HCK Studio RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

All of the Clients that are listed in my machine pool in HCK Studio have a 'Not Ready' status. Clients need to have a 'Ready' status in order to perform tests.

When i right-click on them to change the status to 'Ready', the status changes to 'Initializing'. After 30-minutes this times-out and declares that it cannot change the status because it hasn't received a 'heartbeat' from the Client in the last 30 minutes.

How do i got about making the Clients 'Ready'?

Thanks,

Nic

• Moved by HLK ModeratorModerator Wednesday, October 3, 2012 5:52 PM Move to new forum (From:Windows Hardware WDK and Driver Development)
    Tuesday, July 17, 2012 9:40 AM

Answers

• When there is no heartbeat, this indicates some sort of communication issue between the client machine and the controller. Look at the following -

• Ping the client machine from the controller.
    • Check your client machine to make sure it is running.
    • Check that wttsvc service is running on the client machine
    • Reboot the client to see if the heartbeat will update.
    • Open HCK Manager and select Explorers | Job Monitor. Right click on the client machine and attempt to change the status (via reset).

John -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, July 17, 2012 2:53 PM

All replies

• When there is no heartbeat, this indicates some sort of communication issue between the client machine and the controller. Look at the following -

• Ping the client machine from the controller.
    • Check your client machine to make sure it is running.
    • Check that wttsvc service is running on the client machine
    • Reboot the client to see if the heartbeat will update.
    • Open HCK Manager and select Explorers | Job Monitor. Right click on the client machine and attempt to change the status (via reset).

John -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, July 17, 2012 2:53 PM
  • Hi,

I am having this same problem.  Some clients are fine, but many report this problem.  I have tried to look for this service can't find it.  I tried:

>> "sc query wttsvc" - service does not exist

And fltmc does not show it.

I looked in service control manager but can find it.

I also looked on the machines that have a working heartbeat.

Thanks,

Henry

Friday, July 20, 2012 3:31 PM
  • Strange that the service was not found. Could it be that the HCK client software was uninstalled and/or reinstalled from/on the client machine or was the client machine reused (reimaged)? If so, unless the machine was explicitly removed from HCK Studio or HCK Manager, you are seeing "remnants" of the old view of the client machine.

If the HCK client software is (reinstalled) on the client machine, consider deleting the client from HCK studio or HCK manager and wait for the machine to show up in the default pool. You could also reboot the client machine (not normally necessary) after you delete the client from HCK studio.

Wednesday, July 25, 2012 8:08 PM