Cannot find custom tool 'xxxtool' on this system RRS feed

• Question

• hi I create my custom tool and already installed in registry both x64 and wow6432node. i register also with gacutil and regasm. It works fine in my desktop , but when I try in other pc it throw error 'Cannot find custom tool 'xxxtool' on this system'.

FYI : both using win7 x64 and VS2010 SP1. The registry using version 10 for 2010.

So what is wrong with my other pc ?

It's hard to be advanced programmer

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 9:16 AM

Answers

• I already found the solution for other computer from internet that is set target platform of custom tool to x86 and it works :)

But I still don't understand why the first computer can find my custom tool with target platform any CPU, since both have same win7 x64 only one using AMD and other is Intel i7 processor. Is there related with that ?

• Marked as answer by Ego Jiang Thursday, February 28, 2013 6:24 AM
    Wednesday, February 27, 2013 1:03 PM

All replies

• I already found the solution for other computer from internet that is set target platform of custom tool to x86 and it works :)

But I still don't understand why the first computer can find my custom tool with target platform any CPU, since both have same win7 x64 only one using AMD and other is Intel i7 processor. Is there related with that ?

• Marked as answer by Ego Jiang Thursday, February 28, 2013 6:24 AM
    Wednesday, February 27, 2013 1:03 PM
  • Hi,

I’m glad to hear that you got it working.

Thank you for sharing your solutions & experience here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions.

And we can do some tests in different computer to verify your question.

Best regards,

Ego [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, February 28, 2013 6:23 AM