How to fire Completed event in Forms Editor in UWP with a real keyboard? RRS feed

• Question

• User249032 posted

Question says it all. How do I fire the Completed event in the Editor in UWP with a real keyboard? The doco states "Completed is raised when the user ends input with a field by entering the return key on the keyboard" - obviously with a real keyboard pressing return simply adds a new line. I found mention of unfocusing the editor, so I tried clicking on the app title bar to achieve that, but nothing happened (I set up the Completed event to close the page, but the page didn't close).

Sunday, July 7, 2019 10:56 AM

Answers

• User249032 posted

Went off to do something else, had a thought "I wonder if it's tab?" - yes, it is.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, June 3, 2021 12:00 AM
    Sunday, July 7, 2019 11:04 AM
  • User89714 posted

@SmartmanApps said: Went off to do something else, had a thought "I wonder if it's tab?" - yes, it is.

Both Tab and Shift-Tab will do it. Seems a bit inconsistent when compared with Entry, where neither Tab nor Shift-Tab do it, but easy enough to handle using focus/unfocus handlers.

Sunday, July 7, 2019 3:07 PM

All replies

• User249032 posted

Went off to do something else, had a thought "I wonder if it's tab?" - yes, it is.

Sunday, July 7, 2019 11:04 AM
  • User89714 posted

@SmartmanApps said: Went off to do something else, had a thought "I wonder if it's tab?" - yes, it is.

Both Tab and Shift-Tab will do it. Seems a bit inconsistent when compared with Entry, where neither Tab nor Shift-Tab do it, but easy enough to handle using focus/unfocus handlers.

Sunday, July 7, 2019 3:07 PM