DSL Tool Setup Project VS2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am migrating my DSL Tool from VS2008 to VS2010.

Everything is working well (great job, the migration wizard is really nice !) except for my Setup Projet.

It can not be migrated to VS 2010, since there is a reference to wix.targets, that is not installed in my VPC. After a quick look at this file, there are many references to VS 2008, so I don't know what to do with this file.

However, I tried to create a new Setup from scratch, but I can't find the Template "Domain Specific Language Setup", as it used to exist with VS2008.

Does anyone have a suggestion of what to do to build a DSL setup with VS 2010 ?

Regards,

Wednesday, August 11, 2010 5:48 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

To deploy DSL solutions, you can use Visual Studio Integration Extension (.vsix). See Deploying Domain-Specific Language Solutions in MSDN.

For migrating DSL from VS 2008 to VS 2010, you can use a migration Tool which helps migrate existing DSLs from VS 2008 to VS 2010. For more details, please see: DSL Tools Home on Code Gallery .

Regards,

Nancy Shao [MSFT]
    MSDN Subscriber Support in Forum
    If you have any feedback on our support, please contact msdnmg @ microsoft.com

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Thursday, August 12, 2010 3:35 AM
  • Hello Nancy,

Thank you for your response.

The migration of the DSL is OK, everything work perfectly.

What I see from your first link, is that the mechanism of deployment for DSL has changed, so I can not use my Setup project anymore.

I need to create a new Setup from scratch. The articles says "The registration information and the VSIX can be added to the installer", but it does not say how we can add it.

How can I acheive this ?

Do I need to deploy the VSIX file ? If yes, in which folder it should be copied ? 

Or do I need to deploy DSL.dll and DSLPackage.dll ?

Thanks for your help

Thursday, August 12, 2010 10:16 AM
  • Hello,

You can use VSIXInstaller which is the executable of .vsix extension and it is located under %VS10_Install_Dir%\Common7\IDE\VSIXInstaller.exe to deploy .vsix enstion in MSI.

For more information, please see:

Regards,

Nancy Shao [MSFT]
    MSDN Subscriber Support in Forum
    If you have any feedback on our support, please contact msdnmg @ microsoft.com

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by Nicolas Roux Monday, August 16, 2010 1:56 PM
    Friday, August 13, 2010 3:41 AM
  • Hello,

Thank you for your link, I will take a look.

Regards,

Monday, August 16, 2010 1:56 PM
  • Hello,I am a Chinese programmers.

I need to create a new Setup from scratch(.msi).but I don't know how to make DSL installation(.MSI)
    .Do you have a suggestion of what to do to build a DSL setup with VS 2010 ?

email:y_minhua@sina.com

喻敏华
    Monday, December 27, 2010 8:40 AM