none
regcomp: WARNING, syntax error on or near line 1234 reginit.ini; line skipped RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

While building the platform I got Nk.bin.When I tryed to load its showing me fatal error.XXX.exe has performed an illigal operation and will shut down.So, while tring to find out the cause; I came accross this Warning message:

regcomp: WARNING, syntax error on or near line 1234 reginit.ini; line skipped.

It seems that its actully an error but I do not know why this is showing as warning....I do not understand why Microsoft is confusing the developer :( .

I doubt this could be a cause why my xxx.exe is showing fatal error during load(I have included xxx.exe in NK.bin).

I have xxx.exe registry value setup before the line.(Plaese do not ask me to chage the xxx.exe position in .reg file as its not poosible now)

Can any one please tell me how to slove this warning/error?

Thanks.

Jyotiranjan
    Thursday, September 1, 2011 10:32 AM

Answers

• The warning/error got resolved...

After line number 1234, there was missing semicolon [""] with left hand side string.After giving semicolon the warning is removed...

that is , previosly it was : xyz = "I'm done"

Now it is : "xyz" = "I'm done"

Thank you.

Jyotiranjan
    • Marked as answer by RoutJ Tuesday, September 6, 2011 5:59 AM
    Tuesday, September 6, 2011 5:59 AM

All replies

• Look at or near line 1234 in reginit.ini for a REG file syntax problem.   Once you find the problem, determine which of the source REG files has that line and fix it.
    Bruce Eitman (eMVP)
    Senior Engineer
    Bruce.Eitman AT Eurotech DOT com
    My BLOG http://geekswithblogs.net/bruceeitman

Eurotech Inc.
    www.Eurotech.com
    Thursday, September 1, 2011 11:38 AM
  • The warning/error got resolved...

After line number 1234, there was missing semicolon [""] with left hand side string.After giving semicolon the warning is removed...

that is , previosly it was : xyz = "I'm done"

Now it is : "xyz" = "I'm done"

Thank you.

Jyotiranjan
    • Marked as answer by RoutJ Tuesday, September 6, 2011 5:59 AM
    Tuesday, September 6, 2011 5:59 AM