none
Bing API limit to use RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

I'm using the Bing API in one of our application to get the distance and time duration between co ordinates. There are almost 6500 pairs of co ordinates. When i run the application, it is fetching the result for about 1000 - 2000 pairs but after that i'm having issues. I received an email stating that i've violated the limits. 

I want to know what's the limit for dev account and what would be pricing if i want to call this API for 6470 pairs of co-ordinates. 

Wednesday, August 15, 2018 12:30 AM

All replies

• Hi Vinoth,

Firstly, all licensing and cost questions are handled through MapLic@Microsoft,com so you can ask your pricing questions by email.

Secondly, Yes, you are exceeding a single call limit and I suspect you are calling distance matrix.  

The documentation can be found here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/maps/distance-matrix

And the FAQ has the following answer for you:

Q: How many origins and destinations can be passed into a request? 

A: A standard distance matrix can have up to 625 origin-destination pairs. A single cell in a matrix is created for each origin-destination pair. Thus, multiplying the number of origins by the number of destinations will provide you with the number of origin-destination pairs. If this number is equal to or less than 625, the origins and destinations can be passed into a single request. For example, you can have 1 origin and 625 destinations, or 25 origins and 25 destinations. See the Distance Matrix API documentation for more information.

For a distance matrix that provides a histogram, the API allows up to a total of 100 origin-destination pairs. For example, 1 origin and 100 destinations, or 10 origins and 10 destinations.

Sincerely, IoTGirl

Wednesday, August 15, 2018 3:54 AM
    Owner
  • Is it possible to increase the limit from 625 to above by any chance ?
    Wednesday, August 15, 2018 1:42 PM
  • Hi Vinoth,

MSDN forums does not have any ability to change the documented behavior.  My supposition is that as the matrix gets massive, the calculation impact gets too much for a single call but that is just me guessing.  As suggested at the beginning of my previous answer, why not reach out to the Map Licensing team directly to see if they have any suggestions or options for you?

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

Wednesday, August 15, 2018 4:06 PM
    Owner