none
Custom domain HTTPS stuck in Domain validation stage for type A register (@) using alias type Azure resource RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm waiting around one week, but the validation still in Step 2.

I have some CNAME registers that is working fine. However, for the A register (@ - hostname) the validation still in step 2:

"
    Domain validation
    Your domain will be automatically validated if a CNAME is directly mapped to the CDN Endpoint. Otherwise, a verification request will be sent to the email listed in your domain’s registration record (WHOIS registrant). Please verify the domain as soon as possible.

I already tried to remove and start the validation again, so it stopped again in step 2.

Is it possible to validate for A register?

Furthermore, I'm using Azure DNS Zone and already created "cdnverify" for all hostnames.

Thanks,

Rafael Barrelo

Monday, April 1, 2019 1:33 AM

All replies

• Hi, 

As mentioned in the documentation, 

" Any alias record type can be used for Custom domains if you are using Azure DNS as your domain provider. This walkthrough uses the CNAME record type. If you are using A or AAAA record types just follow the same steps below while replacing CNAME with the record type of your choice. If you're using an alias record to add a root domain as a custom domain and you want to enable SSL, you must use manual validation as described here

"

You should be able to validate using A record. You should have got an email now. Please check for the mail in your spam. If you haven't received any mail, then I would suggest you to log a support request to check what went wrong. If you don't have a support plan, let me know.

Regards, 

Msrini

Monday, April 1, 2019 3:28 AM
  • Hi, 

I already checked the email and spam but I didn't receive it.

Sorry, I can't open an issue for support because I don't have a support plan. I followed the documentation and It didn't work. 
    The curious thing is that I just have problems with A records. All the CNAMEs is working fine. 

Please, could you help me?

Thank you.

Rafael Barrelo

Tuesday, April 2, 2019 12:54 AM
  • Hi, 

Can you please reach out @ AZCommunity@microsoft.com with a link to this Doc/Issue as well as your subscription ID and we can help get the support ticket opened for this issue.

Regards, 

Msirni

Tuesday, April 2, 2019 12:59 AM
  • I sent the email.

Thank you very much.

Rafael Barrelo

Wednesday, April 3, 2019 12:56 AM