none
Latest Tools Plug-In Broke?

Question

• Just installed the 9/13, ver 2.3.0000.0 tools and now nothing is working.

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80080005): Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {A2FA2136-EB44-4D10-A1D3-6FE1D63A7C05} failed due to the following error: 80080005 Server execution failed (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80080005 (CO_E_SERVER_EXEC_FAILURE)).
       at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandleInternal& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck)
       at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
       at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceDefaultCtor(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
       at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic)
       at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type)
       at Microsoft.Cosmos.ScopeStudio.VsExtension.ProjectSystem.DTEService.GetDTE()
       at Microsoft.Cosmos.ScopeStudio.UserInterface.SQLIP.BaseSubmissionViewModel`1.GetScriptContentsWithReference(ProductFunctionType productType)
       at Microsoft.Cosmos.ScopeStudio.UserInterface.SQLIP.LocalJobSubmissionViewModel.DoJobSubmissionWithProductType(ProductFunctionType productType)

/////////////////////////////////////////////

9/20 Update.

While in Visual Studio I received a notification for an update - Microsoft .NET Core 1.01 - VS 2015 Tooling Preview 2.  I went ahead and did it.  Even though it is not directly related to U-SQL or Data Lake I re-executed my U-SQL queries and received two new results:
    1) Execution against my ADLA account now works.
    2) Execution with my Local account now results in a new error:
    "A project with an Output Type of Class Library cannot be started directly.
    In order to debug this project, add an executable project to this solution which references the library project.  Set the executable project as the startup project."

/////////////////////////////////////////////

Another update.  I right-clicked my project and selected "Set as StartUp Project."  I can now execute locally.  So on the one hand that's fantastic, I can get back to work.  On the other hand, everything was working like a champ before the Tools update.

I also have another new issue but it doesn't prevent me from working.  Now when I right-click my project and select Properties I receive the following error: "An error occurred trying to load the page.
    b37c57f8-60d0-4f4a-b807-b57791259a22". :(

• Edited by CateArcher Thursday, September 21, 2017 12:15 AM
    Monday, September 18, 2017 10:12 PM

Answers

• Thanks for the details.  There are, unfortunately, a small subset of customers who are encountering this issue.  We have developed a hotfix to solve this issue, and hope to have this ready within the week.

Thank you,

Guy

• Marked as answer by CateArcher Thursday, September 21, 2017 6:27 PM
    Thursday, September 21, 2017 3:39 PM

All replies

• I'd be happy to help, and sorry that you're experiencing difficulties.  Can you please tell me a little more about your environment?  I assume you're using Visual Studio and the Azure Data Lake tools?  

If that's the case, could you please tell me the version of Visual Studio? 

Thank you,

Guy

Tuesday, September 19, 2017 3:48 PM
  • Microsoft Visual Studio Enterprise 2015
    Version 14.0.25431.01 Update 3
    Microsoft .NET Framework
    Version 4.7.02046

Microsoft Windows
    Version 1703 (OS Build 15063.608)

Issue happens whether running with Local or ADLA acccount.

Tuesday, September 19, 2017 3:56 PM
  • Thanks for the details.  There are, unfortunately, a small subset of customers who are encountering this issue.  We have developed a hotfix to solve this issue, and hope to have this ready within the week.

Thank you,

Guy

• Marked as answer by CateArcher Thursday, September 21, 2017 6:27 PM
    Thursday, September 21, 2017 3:39 PM
  • We have released the hotfix, please find the newest release of Azure Data Lake Tools for Visual Studio from here

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thursday, October 12, 2017 8:10 AM