none
2010 Office Word Checkbox code RRS feed

• Question

• I need code for Word CheckBox1, Private Sub, see below.  I want to be able to place the check box on a form and have the user to be able to just click the box to check it.  In order to do this, I think I need to code this Private Sub.

Private Sub CheckBox1_click()

End Sub

I already know about the checkbox that when you click it, a dialog box is displayed with radio buttons for Checked and Not Checked.  However, I want the users of the form I have developed to be able to just click the checkbox, and it is activated.

Thanks!

phmckeever

Sunday, October 18, 2015 8:24 PM

Answers

• The CheckBox1_click sub you've described is for an ActiveX checkbox. Assuming that's what you're using, there is no need for any code to achieve the aim of having the checkbox state change with a single click - just make sure you're not using Design Mode.

Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

Monday, October 19, 2015 12:55 AM

All replies

• The CheckBox1_click sub you've described is for an ActiveX checkbox. Assuming that's what you're using, there is no need for any code to achieve the aim of having the checkbox state change with a single click - just make sure you're not using Design Mode.

Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

Monday, October 19, 2015 12:55 AM
  • IT WORKS!!!!!!  Thank you, Paul.  I guess you can tell that I am new it this;-)

phmckeever

Monday, October 19, 2015 12:54 PM