none
The command "UpdatedVersion.exe" exited with code -1. RRS feed

• Question

•   <Target Name="BeforeBuild">
        <MSBuild Projects="$(SolutionDir)\Build\UpdateVersion.csproj" Targets="Build" Properties="Configuration=Release" />
        <Exec WorkingDirectory="$(SolutionDir)\Build" Command="UpdateVersion.exe" Timeout="60000" Condition=" '$(OS)' == 'Windows_NT' " />
      </Target>

Error code:

The command "UpdateVersion.exe" exited with code -1.	Confuser.Core	E:\MoogsObfuscator - Copy\Confuser.Core\Confuser.Core.csproj	169	

How I got the error:

I had some issue where my project wasnt building so I removed the project from the solution then added it back and then this error happend.

Saturday, July 20, 2019 10:01 PM

All replies

• Hi MoogMicrosoft,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

What are the issues before you built your project? According to your description, it seems that there is error in the "UpdateVersion.exe".

l suggest that you can type "UpdateVersion.exe" to the developer command prompt to check if there is error. If there is error, please share the screenshots and we can help you troubleshoot the issue.

>>Note:Please intervene in the updateversion.exe directory and then enter updateversion.exe

Any feedback will be expected.

Best Regards,

Perry

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, July 22, 2019 10:20 AM
  • Hi MoogMicrosoft,

Did you have any update? If your issue did not solve, please feel free to let us know.

We are glad to help you solve the issue further.

Best Regards,

Perry

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Thursday, July 25, 2019 10:32 AM
  • Hi friend,

Any update for this issue? Just as Perry suggests, there's something wrong when the VS call the cmd.exe to execute the command "UpdateVersion.exe". So please try navigating to the work directory and typing the command manually, what's the result>

Also, I suggest you can use a higher msbuild build output verbosity to see more details about the error message. About output verbosity see this.

Go=>Tools=>Options=>Project and Solutions=>Build and Run=>change the build output verbosity to Detailed. Then you can find detailed info about why the command throws this error, like this:

In the case above, it's obvious the command failed for can't find specified path. You can change the output verbosity for better trouble-shooting experience.

Hope it helps. Any if you've find the solution, feel free to share here as answer so that other members can benefit from it!

Best Regards

Lance

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, August 2, 2019 9:29 AM