Connection between Excel sheet and taskpane when user clicks on Reload of TaskPane... RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have created a task pane application in apps for office and on lcik of buttons in task pane app I have populated the sheet with some data and on click of a cell I am displaying the data in task pane.When I click on reload option of task pane the binding between task pane and excel has gone.If I select any cell in excel the data is not getting displayed in the taskpane.I have to restart the application to get the connection back.Is there any option to mainatain the connection between excel and app when the user clicks on Reload?I have faced same problem when user closes the taskpane application and once again inserts from the Insert apps for office boutton then also the connection between excel and task pane gone.Please reply me asap.Thanks in advance.

Thanks,

Meenakshi Nagpal

N.Meenakshi

Thursday, November 8, 2012 2:01 PM

Answers

• Hi, Meenakshi

Being able to remember bindings is an important capability for many apps - thanks for the question.

What's missing in your case is the handler for the binding that the app inserted. Here's how you can fix this problem: at initialization time, re-add the handler to the binding:

addHandlerAsync("bindings#<yourBindingName>").addHandlerAsync("bindingSelectionChanged",<displayDataInTaskPane>());

Let us know if you have any other questions!

-Michael

Friday, November 9, 2012 2:20 AM