Submit an app specially for windows 10 iot core on a raspberry pi 3 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello i want to submit an app to the store specially for windows 10 iot core, but when i upload the package a cannot choose for windows 10 iot core only desktop, mobile or xbox.

It only works on iot core, with a numeric keyboard!!

How do i submit an app for windows 10 iot core?

The app is a scoreboard, i want to preinstall the app on a raspberry pi and then sell it.

Best regards

Adrie Pols

Wednesday, June 7, 2017 8:27 AM

All replies

• Hi A.Pols,

Windows Store has no option for Windows 10 Iot Core apps, in other words, it is not supported.

However, you could deploy your app on the raspberry(which has been set up with Windows 10 Iot Core) with Visual Studio.

And here is the document for reference: Deploying an App with Visual Studio

Best Regards,

Annievia Chen

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, June 7, 2017 10:06 AM
  • Hello Annievia Chen,

I found this tutorial  https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/iot/docs/store

It has to be possible!! i want this for future update's of my app

But in this they speak of a headless app but my ap needs a monitor.

Best Regards

Adrie Pols

Wednesday, June 7, 2017 10:34 AM
  • Hi Adrie,

Thanks for pointing that out.

Preinstall and servicing of store signed apps is only available to Windows 10 IoT Core Pro customers. If you are an OEM wishing to preinstall apps on your IoT devices please visit our Commercialization page to get started. If you are developer wishing to preinstall apps for IoT you must seek sponsorship from an OEM enrolled in the program.(From the tutorial )

So now we know that OEMs are able to install and service UWP apps on Windows 10 IoT Core through the Universal Store. If you are an OEM, you could visit Commercialization page to get started. If you are a developer, then you need to seek sponsorship from an OEM enrolled in the program.

>>But in this they speak of a headless app but my ap needs a monitor.

I think you could ignore that "headless app" part if your app is not a headless app.

Best Regards,

Annievia Chen

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, June 8, 2017 9:11 AM