none
How to create new entries in a Sharepoint calender via Outlook with Powershell RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I want to create new entries in the Sharepoint calendar of our team.

Background: We get many mails about MS patch rollouts with reboots and so on. Every team member should have quick access to all these schedules so I would like to add them into our Sharepoint calendar.
    I already got the hint to connect the SP cal to my Outlook, then it would be easier to create the entries via Outlook rather than via Sharepoint. I can just believe this.
    BTW: I have no admin rights on Sharepoint, I'm acting just as a normal user.

Can anyone tell me how to do it, please?
    I already can access my mailbox to find the rollout mails and to parse them. But I have no idea how to access this connected calendar (several powershell examples in the internet focus on the standard calendar only).

Thanks.

Walter

• Moved by Bill_Stewart Tuesday, January 7, 2014 6:02 PM Move to more appropriate forum
    • Edited by WalterFMB Tuesday, January 7, 2014 6:40 PM
    Tuesday, January 7, 2014 5:47 PM

Answers

• Hi WalterFMB,

> But I have no idea how to access this connected calendar (several powershell examples in the internet focus on the standard calendar only).

I'd suggest contacting SharePoint and PowerShell professionals instead. If you develop a VSTO based add-in, you can treat an Outlook add-in as a regular .Net application. So, the "real" question is how to create new entries in a Sharepoint calender with Powershell. That is why I would recommend posting such questions to the SharePoint 2013 - Development and Programming forum. There you will get the most qualified answers.

Wednesday, January 8, 2014 12:19 PM