Testing the Pen using the Simulator and/or Remote Desktop

Question

• I recently discovered a bug in one of my apps that is specific to using the pen. Even though I have and use my Surface Pro for testing my apps, I still prefer to do it through Remote Desktop from my Windows 7 desktop machine so that I can use my multi-monitor setup along with other things that the Surface Pro alone does not have. But this is a problem when I need to debug and test features related to the pen, because my desktop is not a touchscreen and does not have a pen, I cannot test those specific features without disconnecting from Remote Desktop, and to disconnect and reconnect every time I change a little bit of code would be somewhat inefficient, not to mention I wouldn't have my multi-monitor setup while running the test. Is there any good way to test the pen using the simulator or Remote Desktop? If not, I would like to request it for a future version. Thanks.

Nathan Sokalski njsokalski@hotmail.com http://www.nathansokalski.com/

Tuesday, August 20, 2013 6:27 PM

Answers

• Hi Nathan,

Pen is not supported in those environments. You'll have to use it directly on your system. If you are doing enough pen testing to change your environment you can get external pen input devices fairly inexpensively or the Surface Pro can be hooked up to multiple monitors.

--Rob

Tuesday, August 20, 2013 6:46 PM