• Question

• Hi,

I created a workflow like this : 

- Main Sequence

- Flowchart

- FlowSwich

- Default Case -> Sequence A -> End Flowchart

- X Case -> Sequence B -> End Flowchart

- Y Case -> End Flowchart "Do nothing, and I want to return to main Sequence"

How can I do?

Best reguards Francesco
    Monday, June 27, 2011 8:42 AM

Answers

• Hi Francesco,

If I understand correctly, you can connect Y Case to an empty sequence which do nothing just exit flowchart. In most cases, people don't need an "EndFlowchart" activity. If there is no end, it exit natrually, when some cases we do need one for branching, which is exactly your case, we can always use sequence.

thanks,

Anders

This posting is provided "AS IS" and confers no rights or warranties.
    • Marked as answer by Andrew_Zhu Monday, July 4, 2011 7:33 AM
    Monday, June 27, 2011 2:24 PM

All replies

• Hi,

That is a good question. I looked into this, and the quickest way that came to mind was to create a custom CodeActivity that does nothing in the Execute override. Add that to the flowchart, link it to the FlowSwitch, and specify the "Y" case that would cause this branch to be selected. When the "DoNothing" activity completes the FlowChart will complete and execution will resume at the Main sequence.

Another way to do it would be to put an IfElse in the Sequence for the default case and check for the "Y" case value, and do nothing.

I will do some more checking to see if there is another way and report back.

Thanks,

Steve Danielson [Microsoft]
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

Monday, June 27, 2011 1:39 PM
  • Thanks for your answer. I didn't want to add any activities, because I think it must be the "EndFlowchart Activity" a natural solution to the problem.

Was planned future implementation of this activity inside the framework?

Francesco GARGIULO

Best reguards Francesco
    Monday, June 27, 2011 1:54 PM
  • Hi Francesco,

If I understand correctly, you can connect Y Case to an empty sequence which do nothing just exit flowchart. In most cases, people don't need an "EndFlowchart" activity. If there is no end, it exit natrually, when some cases we do need one for branching, which is exactly your case, we can always use sequence.

thanks,

Anders

This posting is provided "AS IS" and confers no rights or warranties.
    • Marked as answer by Andrew_Zhu Monday, July 4, 2011 7:33 AM
    Monday, June 27, 2011 2:24 PM