Small PHP file upload size RRS feed

• Question

• New Joomla 2.5 web site from gallery. Checking the Joomla extensions:warnings tab.

This following warning  (among other issues) is listed

Small PHP file upload size
    The maximum file size for uploads is set to less than 2MB which may impact on uploading large extensions.

The system information for php specifies
    upload_max_filesize 2M

With most hosts I typically would be able to change this to a value between 16M and 360M using a custom php.ini file in the root.
    How would I raise this value on Azure?

• Edited by photodude11 Thursday, November 29, 2012 7:50 AM typo
    Thursday, November 29, 2012 7:50 AM

Answers

• Thursday, November 29, 2012 8:55 AM
  • Thanks,

the fix of uploading a .user.ini file to wwwroot folder of the web site with the following following line;

upload_max_filesize = 8M

Seems the .user.ini is the Azure equivalent of a php.ini file. 

I also found that some settings will not change by using a .user.ini file, I assume the server has a limited range of settings which can be changed or those settings have hard coded max override settings.

Note: it can take 5 minutes or more for this change to take effect
    • Marked as answer by photodude11 Friday, November 30, 2012 4:51 AM
    • Edited by photodude11 Friday, November 30, 2012 5:14 AM note about time required for the change to take effect
    Friday, November 30, 2012 4:51 AM

All replies

• Thursday, November 29, 2012 8:55 AM
  • Thanks,

the fix of uploading a .user.ini file to wwwroot folder of the web site with the following following line;

upload_max_filesize = 8M

Seems the .user.ini is the Azure equivalent of a php.ini file. 

I also found that some settings will not change by using a .user.ini file, I assume the server has a limited range of settings which can be changed or those settings have hard coded max override settings.

Note: it can take 5 minutes or more for this change to take effect
    • Marked as answer by photodude11 Friday, November 30, 2012 4:51 AM
    • Edited by photodude11 Friday, November 30, 2012 5:14 AM note about time required for the change to take effect
    Friday, November 30, 2012 4:51 AM
  • I am not offering any fixes for this but It would be nice if you could add the PHP Manager Plug-in within WebMatrix to manage Azure hosted php sites. This is very important to the developer community out there. These are must have options that will increase product quality. With PHP Manager you can easily configure these settings. PHP Manager is available in the Web Platform Installer.

Wednesday, February 13, 2013 10:20 PM