none
Sending calendar invitation via email with c# RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm trying to send an email with an invitation to a calendar event (better work with Gmail).
    I searched a lot and haven't found a solution yet. Can someone please help me with that??

(C#)

Wednesday, March 7, 2018 8:41 PM

Answers

• Hello Roy,

>>I need for a gmail client... (the sender email is a gmail acount and the receiver email is also gmail)

OutLook just is a software that is used to manage emails. It doesn't care your account type. What do you mean the "gmail client"?

Best regards,

Neil Hu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Roy Jiny Tuesday, March 13, 2018 10:24 AM
    Thursday, March 8, 2018 7:56 AM

All replies

• Hello Roy,

>>I'm trying to send an email with an invitation to a calendar event (better work with Gmail). I searched a lot and haven't found a solution yet

If you are using Outlook client, you could refer the below link.

Send email to Outlook with ics meeting appointment

Best regards,

Neil Hu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 8, 2018 2:43 AM
  • Hello Roy,

>>I'm trying to send an email with an invitation to a calendar event (better work with Gmail).
    I searched a lot and haven't found a solution yet

If you are using Outlook client, you could refer the below link.

Send email to Outlook with ics meeting appointment

I need for a gmail client... (the sender email is a gmail acount and the receiver email is also gmail)
    Thursday, March 8, 2018 6:40 AM
  • Hello Roy,

>>I need for a gmail client... (the sender email is a gmail acount and the receiver email is also gmail)

OutLook just is a software that is used to manage emails. It doesn't care your account type. What do you mean the "gmail client"?

Best regards,

Neil Hu

MSDN Community Support

• Marked as answer by Roy Jiny Tuesday, March 13, 2018 10:24 AM
    Thursday, March 8, 2018 7:56 AM
  • I mean that the sender is a gmail acount and the receiver also, so the calendar invitation should work with google calendar.

Can this code help me with that?

Thursday, March 8, 2018 11:50 AM
  • As Neil Hu mentions, just send the email with an ICS attachment. ICS is a standard iCalendar invite file. Email clients (that support calendars - which most do) should allow the user to click on the file and add it to their calendar.

If the user's email client doesn't support calendars then there is nothing you can do as there is nothing to add it to.

Michael Taylor http://www.michaeltaylorp3.net

Friday, March 9, 2018 3:01 PM