none
biztalk Tracked service instances not showing RRS feed

• Question

• HI experts,

I have enabled tracking on the BTS host and then set the tracking properties of pipelines,

Even though i couldn't see the tracked service instances in the BTS 2010 admin console.

my tracking data is not being moved to trackingDB, i found this using below query.

SELECT COUNT(*) FROM [BizTalkMsgBoxDb].[dbo].[TrackingData]

which yields more than 3000 rows, which should not be.

How can i solve this error?

I am sure TrackedMessages_Copy_BizTalkMsgBoxDb job has no errors?

thanks in Advance....
    Thursday, February 20, 2014 2:22 PM

Answers

• 1. Ensure the SQL Agent is running on the BizTalk SQL Servers and the jobs are running without error.

2. Ensure you have at least one Host Instance with the Host Tracking option enabled running at all times.

• Proposed as answer by Tord G. Nordahl Monday, February 24, 2014 1:10 PM
    • Marked as answer by Pengzhen Song Thursday, February 27, 2014 9:47 AM
    Friday, February 21, 2014 5:12 PM

All replies

• Ensure SQL Server Agent is running and ensure TrackedMessages_Copy_BizTalkMsgBoxDb job is running successfully.

If this answers your question please mark it accordingly. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful by clicking the upward arrow mark next to my reply.

Thursday, February 20, 2014 3:06 PM
  • Check your default pipeline tracking settings in the management database:

SELECT * FROM BizTalkMgmtDb.dbo.StaticTrackingInfo
    WHERE strServiceName in(
    'Microsoft.BizTalk.DefaultPipelines.XMLTransmit',
    'Microsoft.BizTalk.DefaultPipelines.XMLReceive',
    'Microsoft.BizTalk.DefaultPipelines.PassThruTransmit',

'Microsoft.BizTalk.DefaultPipelines.PassThruReceive')

More info here:http://venneker.net/2014/02/missing-tracking-data-in-biztalk/

Cheers,

Paul Venneker

Friday, February 21, 2014 7:17 AM
  • 1. Ensure the SQL Agent is running on the BizTalk SQL Servers and the jobs are running without error.

2. Ensure you have at least one Host Instance with the Host Tracking option enabled running at all times.

• Proposed as answer by Tord G. Nordahl Monday, February 24, 2014 1:10 PM
    • Marked as answer by Pengzhen Song Thursday, February 27, 2014 9:47 AM
    Friday, February 21, 2014 5:12 PM
  • Hey!

TrackingData indicates data waiting to be transferred to the tracking database, TrackingData_0_x is for BAM, while TrackingData_1_x is for DTA (BizTalkDTADb). These are triggered by the tracking host or the SQL Agent job if you are tracking body (content) of the message.

It is recommended to have one tracking host per MessageBox +1 in redundancy. (if you are running a single installation then 1 tracking host is sufficient).

usually when I see these peaks it's because of some stop and I suddently get a peak into BizTalk, as long as this goes down to 0-50 messages I think you are all good.

Best regards

Tord Glad Nordahl
    http://www.BizTalkAdmin.com | @tordeman

Please indicate ”Mark as Answer” if this post has answered the question.

• Proposed as answer by Chandra Kumar Monday, February 24, 2014 2:57 PM
    Monday, February 24, 2014 1:13 PM