Notification Hubs for Android RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm developing an app that need to integrate push notifications, it has to work even in China.

I've read the documentation about Hubs, it's clear that i could have an hub with APN and Firebase or an hub with APN and Baidu.

My question is: cloud I have an hub with APN, Firebase and Baidu or I have to choose just a service for Android devices?

There's any documentation about this multi-platform solution?

Thank you for your support

Thursday, December 13, 2018 4:35 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Yes, you can achieve cross-platform solution using Azure Notification Hub. This documentation shows you how to utilize templates to send, in a single request, a platform-agnostic notification that targets all platforms. 

Friday, December 14, 2018 10:04 PM
  • Hi,

thank you for your reply, but there's a point I'm still missing.

It's clear to me that I can archive cross-platform solutions, but there's a specific situation I do not understand:

Suppose that:

• I've configured on my Notification Hub APNS to work with iOS, and both Firebase and Baidu to work with Android (I need Baidu to work properly in China)
    • The target of the notifications is an app developed using Ionic
    • I add to the app a cordova plugin (https://github.com/derek82511/cordova-azure-notification-hubs) in order to make it connect with the Hub

My point is: when the app, running on an Android platform, makes a request to the Hub for a registration ID, how could the Hub decide if it has to rely on the Firebase service or the Baidu service? All the documentation I found presents examples involving different platforms (android/ios/windows), but in this case it's the same platform served by two services.

Thank you for your support

Nicolò

Monday, December 17, 2018 10:47 AM