problem in debloying Mobile Application RRS feed

• Question

• We try to develop our Device Application on real pocket PC , that have a local database and we usd state and broker notification broker with helpfull of P/Invoke to incoke some dll libraries.The application installed successfully .I follow the the follwing link :

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sqlce/thread/8faa4e72-2dfe-44d4-b8b1-8fd64df01e7d

do everthing suggested by the person who supposed that he solved it correctly and the previous error appear after installing the application successfully and click on it in order to launch it.  But , when we try to launch it we have the follwing Error , and I will write it specifically with the same syntax

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Error

An unexpected error has occured in WindowsMobileCall_Block.exe,can't find P/Invoke dll "sqlceme35".at System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlceConnection...ctor() at WindowsMobileCall_Block.Notify_And_Determine..ctor().at WindowsMobileCall_Block.program.Main()

----------------------------------------------------------

the follwing appears on the screen of pocket pc when we try to launch our appliction , but I want to assure it installed successfully but not launched successfully

and thank you in advance I trust your generous

Tuesday, May 11, 2010 8:14 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Can you confirm that you have installed SQL CE 3.5 onto the device?

Thanks

Paul Diston

http://www.smartmobiledevice.co.uk/
    Tuesday, May 11, 2010 9:51 PM
  • 1. Download Microsoft SQL Server Compact 3.5 for Windows Mobile and install on you PC

2. Deploy and install sqlce.repl.ppc.wce5.armv4i.CAB on your target device

C: \ Program Files \ Microsoft SQL Server Compact Edition \ v3.5 \ Devices \ wce500 \ armv4i \ sqlce.repl.ppc.wce5.armv4i.CAB

Wednesday, May 12, 2010 3:43 AM
  • 1. Download Microsoft SQL Server Compact 3.5 for Windows Mobile and install on you PC

2. Deploy and install sqlce.repl.ppc.wce5.armv4i.CAB on your target device

C: \ Program Files \ Microsoft SQL Server Compact Edition \ v3.5 \ Devices \ wce500 \ armv4i \ sqlce.repl.ppc.wce5.armv4i.CAB

Thank you very much I debloyed the pregram I sqw the menu of my application but when try to retrieve any data from the database I got the follwing exception :

“Unspecified Error [\Windows\Call-BlockDB.sdf]

Monday, May 17, 2010 1:19 PM
  • Please check Call-BlockDB.sdf version. If it's a database file created by Sql Server Compact version 3. you need to upgrade it first before you use 3.5 database engine.
    Monday, May 24, 2010 9:13 AM
  • The problem I need to

1- go to right panel where cab project is viewd

2- R-Click on the Cab project and add the database from its location 

And thank you in advance 

Monday, May 24, 2010 9:20 AM
  • The problem I need to

1- go to right panel where cab project is viewd

2- R-Click on the Cab project and add the database from its location 

And thank you in advance 

Sorry, I don't understand. Do you want to merge Sql Server Compact version 3.5 install file to your project? I means do you want only need to install your cab instead of installing two cab files(your cab and sqlce.repl.ppc.wce5.armv4i.CAB)?
    Tuesday, May 25, 2010 9:09 AM