none
Custom workflow not moving ahead after Codeactivity is introduced between stages RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have created a custom workflow and put in Codeactivity between two stages (stage1-> CodeActivity -> Stage2). The codeactivity does not have any major code but just initializes one variable.

1.   The problem is when I click on Submit button to move the workflow to next stage, the workflow does not move ahead and stuck on stage1. Workflow History shows following  'setInitiationStage: One or more required fields are not filled or the activity is configured to always wait for a submit.' I have entered all the required values in PDP. The stage is set to AlwaysWait to True. I haven't put in ProjectSubmit Activity into the workflow.

2.   Strange thing is if I restart the workflow to move to current stage, then workflow moves to stage 2 along with the Codeactivity code.

3.    If I remove the codeactivity from workflow. Workflow does move to next stage2 instantly.  I have placed in a codeactivity before stage1 also which is working fine. Can someone advise me on this?       Thanks Dipti

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 11:48 AM

Answers

• This has been mistake from our side. We were not executing IIS reset after deploying workflow code change. Once we do that workflow functions properly...

So always run IIS reset and Queue service restart after workflow deployment. Hope this help to someone with some error.

Thanks

DiptiK

Monday, February 11, 2013 4:46 PM

All replies

• H Diptik,

Do you have ULS logs in the moment thw workflow seems stacked? Did you see the Queue messages? Could you post the code of your CodeActivity?

With more information, is easier to help!

Regards.

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 1:57 PM
  • Hi

Didnt receive any relevant error messages in ULS Logs. Queue message also does not show any failed job.

In the code activity I tried multiple options like just initializing variable like boolean A = true or called another class file method which writes into text file.

Thanks

DiptiK

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 3:41 PM
  • But, as you described, the order of steps that you put in the Workflow in VS is: 1) SetProjectStage1, 2) UpdateProjectStageStatus1, 3) CodeActivity, 4)SetProjectStage2 ... and so on, right?

Other important things I just remembered:

- Did you already set the WorkflowContext´s CodeActivity property?

- Did you already bind the CodeActivity to your custom function?

- Are you trying to update a CF with the binding properties of the CodeActivity? If you did it, don´t do it, that´s not the right way.

Hope it helps!

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 7:18 PM
  • This has been mistake from our side. We were not executing IIS reset after deploying workflow code change. Once we do that workflow functions properly...

So always run IIS reset and Queue service restart after workflow deployment. Hope this help to someone with some error.

Thanks

DiptiK

Monday, February 11, 2013 4:46 PM