none
Error 1005 File not found: RRS feed

• Question

• I'm moving my WES2009 Target Designer environment from a physical PC to a virtual PC.  Both PCs are Win7.

All worked fine on the physical PC, but on the virtual PC when I build I get the following error messages (2 of many).

Building: "Base Performance Counters [Version 5.1.2600.5512, R5512]"...

Error    1005: File not found: "perfos.dll"

Error    1005: File not found: "perfproc.dll"

The Base Performance Counters component lists these 2 dll's in it's Files section with a target path for both as C:\Windows\System32. Both files are in that location.  Any ideas?

Thursday, June 21, 2018 10:21 PM

Answers

• When you say move, did you re-install the tools in the Virtual PC? Or did you just try to copy everything?

Is the Virtual PC connected to a network? The database / repositories set up a share by default. If you are not connected to a network the build will fail with file not found errors. You might want to think of going into Component Database manager and changing the repository paths from share to absolute. Here is a very old article that mentioned changing the repository path roots: http://annabooks.com/Articles/Articles_XPE/XPe%20on%20Vista%20notes.pdf

Sean Liming - Book Author: Starter Guide Windows 10 IoT Enterprise - www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com

Friday, June 22, 2018 12:24 AM
  • Once again, thanks for you help Sean.  To answer your questions: I re-installed everything and yes the virtual PC is connected to a network.  I kept looking for something in Target Designer that wasn't setup properly.  When you pointed me to the Component Database Manager, that's when I found my problem.  I was using a cloned virtual PC and the C drive wasn't big enough.  So I put the database files and repositories on the D drive.  After changing the repositories' locations in Component Database Manger, everything is now working fine.  Thanks again.

Friday, June 22, 2018 4:29 PM

All replies

• When you say move, did you re-install the tools in the Virtual PC? Or did you just try to copy everything?

Is the Virtual PC connected to a network? The database / repositories set up a share by default. If you are not connected to a network the build will fail with file not found errors. You might want to think of going into Component Database manager and changing the repository paths from share to absolute. Here is a very old article that mentioned changing the repository path roots: http://annabooks.com/Articles/Articles_XPE/XPe%20on%20Vista%20notes.pdf

Sean Liming - Book Author: Starter Guide Windows 10 IoT Enterprise - www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com

Friday, June 22, 2018 12:24 AM
  • Once again, thanks for you help Sean.  To answer your questions: I re-installed everything and yes the virtual PC is connected to a network.  I kept looking for something in Target Designer that wasn't setup properly.  When you pointed me to the Component Database Manager, that's when I found my problem.  I was using a cloned virtual PC and the C drive wasn't big enough.  So I put the database files and repositories on the D drive.  After changing the repositories' locations in Component Database Manger, everything is now working fine.  Thanks again.

Friday, June 22, 2018 4:29 PM