none
Trouble enabling .NET Framework 3.5 on Windows 10 PC RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I am having trouble enabling .Net Framework 3.5 on my Windows 10 PC. While I have to use Microsoft .net with Netsuite web services on my PC, the installer suggested to install .Net Framework ,Install Microsoft Visual Studio .NET, version 2003 or higher, which includes the .NET framework SDK (RECOMMENDED), or the Microsoft .NET Framework SDK version 1.1 (NOT recommended). Since then I have tried multiple options to install .Net Framework 3.5. I tried enabling from "Turn Windows Feature on or off" when it didn't work, I also downloaded offline as well as online installer and tried that too. But all these option lead to one error.

It always sends a blocking issues.the .net framework 4.6 redistributable does not apply to this OS.Please download the .net framework 4.6 for your operating system from the Microsoft Download Center.After downloading as per instruction ,it gives the same issue.

Can anyone please instruct me here?

• Edited by Luzan Friday, October 30, 2015 2:17 PM formatting
    Friday, October 30, 2015 2:13 PM

Answers

• Hi Luzan,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

For your issue, here are steps about how to enable  .NET Framework 3.5  feature in offline mode, you may have a try :

Step 1 :
    Insert Windows 8 DVD or mount ISO image. The source of this feature can be found in folder E:\sources\sxs. (In this case E: the user’s drive letter on which the user has loaded Windows 8 Media.)

Step 2 :
    Open CMD.EXE with Administrative Privileges.

Step 3 :
    Run the following command Dism.exe /online /enable-feature /featurename:NetFX3 /All /Source:E:\sources\sxs /LimitAccess, and hit Enter.

After completing the installation of .NET Framework 3.5 you can see that the feature is enabled.

Please take a reference at here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2785188

This workaround also works for win 10, you may have a try about it. 

Best Regards,

Wen Xu

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, November 2, 2015 3:09 AM

All replies

• "I also downloaded offline as well as online installer and tried that too."

You cannot install 3.5 on Win 10 using the normal installer.

Please read through this article for alternative ways:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh506443(v=vs.110).aspx

Saturday, October 31, 2015 3:59 PM
  • Hi Luzan,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

For your issue, here are steps about how to enable  .NET Framework 3.5  feature in offline mode, you may have a try :

Step 1 :
    Insert Windows 8 DVD or mount ISO image. The source of this feature can be found in folder E:\sources\sxs. (In this case E: the user’s drive letter on which the user has loaded Windows 8 Media.)

Step 2 :
    Open CMD.EXE with Administrative Privileges.

Step 3 :
    Run the following command Dism.exe /online /enable-feature /featurename:NetFX3 /All /Source:E:\sources\sxs /LimitAccess, and hit Enter.

After completing the installation of .NET Framework 3.5 you can see that the feature is enabled.

Please take a reference at here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2785188

This workaround also works for win 10, you may have a try about it. 

Best Regards,

Wen Xu

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, November 2, 2015 3:09 AM