none
Set .Net Framework Maximum Version when creating a project

Question

• Hello,

We have a need to limit the .NET Framework version when creating a new project.
    We want to have it at maximum .NET Framework 4.5 to avoid developers creating projects in 4.6.

I've looked everywhere on Visual studio configuration and seems to be no place for this option.

Is it possible to do it? if yes, is it possible to put it on the exported settings?

Regards and Thank you in advance.

Tuesday, July 05, 2016 10:07 AM

Answers

• Hi Safouene.belhaj,

I'm afraid there doesn't have such settings for Visual Studio to limit the max version of .NET Framework when creating new project at present.

As far as I know, Visual Studio will list all installed version of .NET Framework in the create new project window. If you want the max version of .NET Framework in that list is .NET Framework 4.5, please uninstall the higher version of .NET Framework from Control Panel.

If you have any idea for this feature for Visual Studio, I suggest you submit your idea to Visual Studio User Voice and share the feedback link here. It can let other community who has the same requirement to vote and add comments for your feedback.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, July 06, 2016 5:47 AM

All replies

• Hi Safouene.belhaj,

I'm afraid there doesn't have such settings for Visual Studio to limit the max version of .NET Framework when creating new project at present.

As far as I know, Visual Studio will list all installed version of .NET Framework in the create new project window. If you want the max version of .NET Framework in that list is .NET Framework 4.5, please uninstall the higher version of .NET Framework from Control Panel.

If you have any idea for this feature for Visual Studio, I suggest you submit your idea to Visual Studio User Voice and share the feedback link here. It can let other community who has the same requirement to vote and add comments for your feedback.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, July 06, 2016 5:47 AM
  • Thank you :)
    Monday, July 11, 2016 10:01 AM