How to launch the standard desktop if we use "Command Prompt Shell with Custom Shell Support" RRS feed

• Question

• I hit an issue that if we use the "Command Prompt Shell with Custom Shell Support" package, i found we cannot launch the standard desktop via run the command "explorer.exe" in the CMD window.  Do someone know how to lanuch the standard desktop ?

Tuesday, June 7, 2011 7:40 AM

All replies

• Why would you want to do this?

-Sean

www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com / www.annabooks.com, Book Author - ProGuide to WES 7, XP Embedded Advanced, WEPOS / POS for .NET Step-by-Step
    Tuesday, June 7, 2011 2:32 PM
  • I need to run my customer shell firstly. after that, I have to launch standard explorer.exe since without standard windows shell, i cannot use Dxva2. do Someone know how to do that?
    Tuesday, June 7, 2011 3:47 PM
  • First, if you want to use standard desktop (explorer shell), you need to add the package of explorer shell.  You can install explorer shell using dism command.

Then, after you installed explorer shell successfully, you need to change regedit key "

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon 

"

into "

explorer.exe 

"

After all above settings complete, you can restart or log off to entered into explorer shell.

Tuesday, July 12, 2011 6:31 AM