none
what all controls in Excel can host MFC controls in it? RRS feed

• Question

• I have an MFC control that needs to place near to a cell of Excel. But the issue is, that if I try to put the same control couple of times, the controls overlap each other as they take the starting position of cell as their start position.

I am looking for some hosting control that can hold my controls in it, which eventually I can place in my cell. Do we have any such control?

Can I create my own host-control that can hold the unmanged active-X control?

Thanks.

M Sharma, Deloitte, USA

Tuesday, June 5, 2012 6:12 PM

All replies

• Hi,

In accordance with your issue, maybe you can try to use the Frame Control.A rectangular object with an optional label that groups related controls into one visual unit. Typically, option buttons, check boxes, or closely related contents are grouped in a frame control.

Note:The ActiveX frame control is not available in the ActiveX Controls section of the Insert command. However, you can add the control from the More Controls dialog box by selecting Microsoft Forms 2.0 Frame.

Hope it helps.Enjoy!

Best Regards,

Leo

Wednesday, June 6, 2012 2:49 AM
  • Thanks Leo. 

I tried using the Frame control but now the place where I am stuck is that if I need any of the event-handlers around the child controls of the frame control (in this case my custom active-x), can I achieve that? 

Thanks.

M Sharma, Deloitte, USA

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 2:18 PM