Version history of any document under sharepoint approval workflow RRS feed

• Question

• When i put any document under sharepoint approval workflow and assigned to one approver. approver details does not reflect on document version history after approve/reject workflow task.

please help .

Thanks in advance....

Accept Pain, life will be easy !!
    Wednesday, November 23, 2011 11:55 AM

Answers

• Hi Pankaj,

So which account that user used to login into the site and approve the item? Users can check the top right corner to see if they login into the site with the right account.

Thanks,

Pengyu Zhao

• Marked as answer by Pengyu Zhao Sunday, December 4, 2011 6:52 AM
    Tuesday, November 29, 2011 2:41 AM

All replies

• Hi Pankaj,

You should make sure you have enabled Document Version History in document library settings.

Please check it by going to settings>document library settings>versioning settings and select create major and minor versions under Document Version History section.

Then when you use workflow to manage the content approval process, minor versions of a document remain in a pending state until they are approved or rejected through the workflow process. If a minor version is approved through a workflow, its status is updated from Pending to Approved, and it is published as a major version and displayed to anyone with permission to view the library. If a minor version is rejected through a workflow, its status is updated from Pending to Rejected, and it remains a minor version that is visible only to people who have permission to view minor versions in the library.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Pengyu Zhao

Friday, November 25, 2011 5:34 AM
  • nice post  pengyu. Thankful to reply . 

My doubt is that after finished the workflow and if check version history from document Item action menu to which workflow attached then "modified by" column shows wrong user name. it always shows user name who login into site with Remember my password (IE 8).

Accept Pain, life will be easy !!
    Friday, November 25, 2011 7:52 AM
  • Hi Pankaj,

So which account that user used to login into the site and approve the item? Users can check the top right corner to see if they login into the site with the right account.

Thanks,

Pengyu Zhao

• Marked as answer by Pengyu Zhao Sunday, December 4, 2011 6:52 AM
    Tuesday, November 29, 2011 2:41 AM
  • Did you find an actual solution to this problem?

I'm having the same issue, where the only user that is logged in the version history, is the user who STARTED the workflow. 

It does not reflect which users approve/ reject tasks.

Look forward to your response. 

Daniel 

Daniel Margison

Friday, November 4, 2016 2:04 AM