Can't Register Visual Studio Express 2015 RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to upgrade to Visual Studio Express 2015, specifically Express 2015 for Windows Desktop.  Setup and installation went perfectly fine.  However, I cannot register the product.

When I attempt to sign in to register I first get the "We're getting things ready" screen.  After a bit, the "Sorry, we ran into a problem" screen shows up.  On the Sorry page, it gives the following: "The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send."  It also presents a link to see the current service status, which shows that everything is up and running.

Running WDExpress with the /Log option, I see a bit more in the log files:

<description>User:IdeUser, The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send. (SendFailure): WebException [inner: Authentication failed because the remote party has closed the transport stream.] during ExplicitSignIn&#x000D;&#x000A;   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)&#x000D;&#x000A;   at System.Net.Http.HttpClientHandler.GetResponseCallback(IAsyncResult ar) (ActivityId: 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000)</description>

And using Windows debug viewer:

[8760] Web method running: [https://app.vssps.visualstudio.com/_apis/connectionData?connectOptions=IncludeServices&lastChangeId=-1&lastChangeId64=-1] (GET)connectionData[connectionData]

I tried going to https://app.vssps.visualstudio.com and had no trouble logging in with IE.  I did see a certificate problem when logging in with firefox.

Any help would be appreciated.

Tuesday, October 27, 2015 12:37 AM

Answers

• Hi A. Barnes,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

I really appreciated that you offered so much information and the steps you try.

From the error message:

>>[inner: Authentication failed because the remote party has closed the transport stream.]

I suspected the registry key website server has shut down temporarily.

It caused the certificate authentication problem.

In this situation, you may change another machine to try the register the VS express 2015 to see if it works.

Best Regards,

Wen Xu

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Proposed as answer by 宝宝徐 Tuesday, November 3, 2015 11:55 AM
    • Marked as answer by 宝宝徐 Wednesday, November 4, 2015 2:42 AM
    Tuesday, October 27, 2015 8:45 AM