How do I choose a subreport? RRS feed

• Question

• User-1210839387 posted

using report builder 2.0.

I just added a subreport by right-clicking on the white space of my main report and choosing: Insert -> Sub-Report

I already have the sub-report that I want to add created so how do I actually choose that sub-report to be in my main report?

I assume that I can browse to that report but not sure how.

thanks

MC

Monday, June 27, 2011 7:20 AM

Answers

• User-1210839387 posted

got it.

Right click on the subreport which allows me to browse to the subreport that I can use.

Very strange that when I click on the report it shows properties on the right side of the report builder where I dont see a place to browse to the subreport, however when I "right-click" on the subreport it allows to browse to the subreport.

MC

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, June 27, 2011 8:23 AM
  • User1471008070 posted

Hi MyronCope,

This behavior is by design, you have to right-click the subreport to select the subreport's name in the drop-down list, you can also drag the report directly to main report, then a subreport control will show up immediatly.

Tuesday, June 28, 2011 6:14 AM

All replies

• User-1210839387 posted

got it.

Right click on the subreport which allows me to browse to the subreport that I can use.

Very strange that when I click on the report it shows properties on the right side of the report builder where I dont see a place to browse to the subreport, however when I "right-click" on the subreport it allows to browse to the subreport.

MC

Monday, June 27, 2011 8:23 AM
  • User1471008070 posted

Hi MyronCope,

This behavior is by design, you have to right-click the subreport to select the subreport's name in the drop-down list, you can also drag the report directly to main report, then a subreport control will show up immediatly.

Tuesday, June 28, 2011 6:14 AM