HTTPWebRequest on IIS with Integrated Windows Authentication RRS feed

• Question

• I need to check if a url to a site is valid or not by sending an HttpWebRequest against the url and checking its response.

IIS has only Integrated Windows Authentication set. No, anonymous authentication is allowed.

I am making a HttpWebRequest/HttpWebResponse on the site url from and checking its response status to see if url is valid.
    Now the problem is that bcoz the IIS has its authentication mode set to Integrated Windows Authentication, it requires credentials for the web request. This means i need to set the credentials in request and when provided it works, fine. 

I want to know is there anyway that i can process this request by bypassing the Integrated Windows Authentication ? Basically can i  get a valid response without providing credentials for Ingerated Windows Authentication mode ?

Kryptonite
    Sunday, November 16, 2008 7:43 AM

Answers

•  There's not much point in "requiring" authentication if there's a back door that lets you get around it.  :)  If you don't want to provide credentials, set IIS to allow anonymous requests.
    Monday, November 17, 2008 6:37 PM