none
Transmit XML with WCF Adapter RRS feed

• Question

• My WCF Service expects an Xml Blob, deserializer is failing when calling this WCF...how should I go? For now I was embedding the XML in the message using CDATA..but looks like its not working.....

SV
    Wednesday, June 17, 2009 3:29 PM

Answers

All replies

• I was able to expose an orchestration as WCF and have the incoming message of type Xml. This way I could pass any Xml to the orchestration.

It sounds like you are trying to pass an Xml blob to a standard WCF service which is not an orchestration underneath. Do you have a stack trace?

What version of BizTalk are you using?

Thanks,
    If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    Wednesday, June 17, 2009 4:05 PM
  • I am using the Orchestration generated when you add the WCF Reference.

I am using BTS2006R2

scenario is consuming WCF from bts

SV
    Wednesday, June 17, 2009 4:17 PM
  • I think the generated orchestration is probably a strongly-typed message type based on the WCF service's data contract. Using a WCF port with was easier for me than adding a reference to the WCF service because you could use System.Xml.XmlDocument as the message type and then specify the WCF details in the BizTalk admin console. For the WCF port approach you would publish the orchestration as a WCF service.

You may also be able to modify the generated orchestration to use a message type of System.Xml.XmlDocument, so I would try this.

Thanks,
    If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    Wednesday, June 17, 2009 6:31 PM
  • Here is a great blog post on the ways in BizTalk to use an Xml blob: http://seroter.wordpress.com/2009/06/16/four-ways-to-accept-any-xml-data-into-biztalk-web-services/#comments 

This is a great reference for loosely coupled architecture in BizTalk

Thanks,
    Thursday, June 18, 2009 7:41 PM