none
WEDU scan does not find the November and December monthly roll-ups RRS feed

• Question

• I start Windows Embedded Developer Update kit and start the scan. Nothing is presented to install. Althoughh, I know that the following monthly updates are available:

2018-12 Security Monthly Quality Rollup for Windows Embedded Standard 7 for x86-based Systems (KB4471318)
    2018-11 Security Monthly Quality Rollup for Windows Embedded Standard 7 for x86-based Systems (KB4467107)

Has Microsoft prevented WEDU from capturing these updates for some reason?

Is WES7 still being supported?

Wednesday, December 12, 2018 5:32 PM

Answers

All replies

• Marked as answer by lintek Friday, December 14, 2018 2:40 PM
    Thursday, December 13, 2018 5:10 PM
  • The process works except I had to execute the import step multiple times because I kept getting a file parsing error. The scenario that worked was to first attempt to import the *msu file which fails, attempt to import the *cab file it fails, attempt to import the *cab again and then it works.

Any help with this would be much appreciated.

Thursday, December 13, 2018 8:22 PM
  • Discovered it was a system memory issue that caused the parsing error. Closed all applications on the desktop and problem resolved.
    • Marked as answer by lintek Friday, December 14, 2018 2:40 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by lintek Saturday, February 16, 2019 3:50 AM
    Friday, December 14, 2018 2:40 PM
  • Hello

I have the same issue and I cannot resolved closing all the applications.

I always get the same error: 'Parsing error' with ICE o with the command line 'ImportPackage.exe'.

Any idea?

Thanks

Miguel Martín

Friday, January 11, 2019 11:29 AM
  • Make sure you have the latest WEDU update: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=23004 

Sean Liming - Book Author: Starter Guide Windows 10 IoT Enterprise - www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com

Friday, January 11, 2019 5:16 PM
  • Also, you might want to just use Windows Update to install the updates on a master image: http://www.annabooks.com/Articles/Articles_WES7/Disk-and-Ram-Resource-Issue-with-Windows-Embedded-Updates-Rev-1.2.pdf

Sean Liming - Book Author: Starter Guide Windows 10 IoT Enterprise - www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com

Saturday, January 12, 2019 5:50 PM
  • Hello Sean,

Thanks for the anwser, but it's not resolve my problem.

I have the last WEDU version. Since last November, WEDU does't find any new update for WES7.

I downloaded the latest updates (2018-11 / 2018-12 / 2019-01) from https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Home.aspx

I cannot install this updates with ICE or 'ImportPackage.exe' into my DS repository (WES7 64bits),  I always get the same error: 'Parsing error'.

Thanks for the help.

Miguel

Miguel Martín

Monday, January 14, 2019 8:47 AM
  • I attempted to import the January 2019 cumulative update to my distribution share folder yesterday. I still received the parsing error even after a clean reboot of my workstation. Arrgh! So I did what I originally posted that worked and was successful in importing the update. Microsoft is not going to resolve this since Windows Embedded Statndard 7/8 is going away soon. 2020 is just around the corner so IoT is getting all the attention I would suspect.

"The scenario that worked was to first attempt to import the *msu file which fails, attempt to import the *cab file it fails, attempt to import the *cab again and then it works."

Tuesday, January 15, 2019 2:35 PM
  • How lucky you are.

I cross my finger and I did what you originally posted... the same parsing error.

I will continue looking for a solution.

Any idea will be appreciate.

Miguel Martín

Monday, January 21, 2019 4:58 PM
  • After many tries I did it,

I have extracted the .cab file from the .msu file.

I have imported the .cab file with 'ImportPackage.exe' into my DS.

I looking forward to the next Microsoft updates.

Thanks,

I have extracted

Miguel Martín

Wednesday, January 23, 2019 3:45 PM
  • I have discovered that removing the .\DSSP1\regindex file could be the resolution to the problem. The file will be recreated during the import step. I successfully tested this on two machines without any parsing errors. I believe Microsoft acknowledged a bug with WEDU and the regindex file. Bug: [When the regindex file reaches a certain size. WEDU would go through the update process, but not display any available updates. However, no error or warning messages were ever displayed to give the user any information to that fact.]
    • Marked as answer by lintek Saturday, February 16, 2019 3:51 AM
    Friday, February 15, 2019 11:23 AM